Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis Dual Coverage/Slider Bimini

teamerickson

I love this new option!!

How’s everyone using their surf ropes when attached on the tower? Over the Bimini (which kinda pulls down on the back frame), or feed the rope under the Bimini?

Edited by teamerickson
18 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

I love this new option!!

How’s everyone using their surf ropes when attached on the tower? Over the Bimini (which kinda pulls down on the back frame), or feed the rope under the Bimini?

As you'll be bow up when surfing, the rope only pulls down on the frame briefly as the surfer gets up and only momentarily.   The material on the bimini is reinforced around the frame for this reason.   I do get some wear on the rope from rubbing on this edge, but wrapped it in electrical tape to slow the damage.   The bimini shows no wear on fabric or issues with frame from this though.   All that to say that the rope goes over the bimini on my boat.   

Edited by dizzygti
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, MikeR397 said:

I'm trying to pick out a Bimini. Do you have a pic/link to this one you are talking about? What do you like about it specifically, ease of setup/dismantle, coverage? 

We discussed this in your other thread! ;)

https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/84435-options-listprices-for-a-potential-2024-t220-order-thoughtsquestions-appreciated/&do=findComment&comment=1232663

50 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

O right, I got confused on dual slider and “dual coverage” my build sheet has. My build sheet say “$2,062 CS Bimini Dual Coverage - w/ surf straps and rope pockets”. Is this the one you have and refer as “dual slider”?

Edited by MikeR397
  • Like 1

Does this Bimini get in the way of the tower speakers music when rolled up? I think you can store it sticking straight up in the air also if not open, does it also rest forward facing or always stored by speakers when rolled up? 

Ya, the bimini can go straight up. Very usefull when dropping the tower and putting the cover on. Not sure if it will flip to the front? You could always take the binimi canvas off if worried about speakers and sound. Pretty easy to do. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I’m gonna have a problem with the dual coverage Bimini and probably need to do regular. Issue is my bridge and hoist means tower stays down in canal 5 min ride to low bridge and on hoist. It’s gonna be too hard to load anyone with tower down as the dual Bimini rests rear facing on the tower (vs on front) and takes up most the rear seats space. You can still sit there but it’s like 2.5ft protruding from tower when in the “flat” orientation to lower tower all the way down and will be hard to get on boat from the stern or crawl under tower and this Bimini to squeeze in a rear seat. I can now load the boat and sit up to 5 adults without going under the tower or stern loading, but I’m not a huge fan of its resting position in front of the speakers or pointed up.

I played with both biminis, neither are fun to setup/store after every use. My hoist is also by wetlands with a lot of trees that will shed pollen and debris bad into the boat if I park it with tower up and don’t suck it close to the canopy (even with side extensions). More importantly i don’t want to tower down at bridge, then up for 5 min drive to hoist only to tower down to get back out under bridge and then tower up on lake every time. The lost space with tower down and a crew over 5 is substantial (and bridge is too low for people to sit on rear cushions over engine). 

You don't have to rotate the dual bimini to be perpendicular to the tower when putting tower down. Seating wouldn't be an issue then. How much bridge clearance do you have with the tower down? If the dual bimini is not rotated, the support poles stick up and add ~5 inches to clearance.

1 hour ago, teamerickson said:

You don't have to rotate the dual bimini to be perpendicular to the tower when putting tower down. Seating wouldn't be an issue then. How much bridge clearance do you have with the tower down? If the dual bimini is not rotated, the support poles stick up and add ~5 inches to clearance.

Ya the support poles are a problem, I have 4-7” to clear the bridge depending on water level and one person on board. Could take on ballast but only 8” to the top of the muck from prop. Regardless, I think it’s too much in the way for my situation, but will inspect both in the showroom one more time.