Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 Lsv 23 wake settings

Thetaxman

Hey all, 

ive taken my boat out about 5 times and struggling to dial in a solid Left side wave. Mainly for surf style- 100% on all ballast (plug n play included) and wedge at 3. Ive tried speeds 11.0-11.7 still getting crumble / sloppy wave..was hoping maybe you would give me your go to settings?  3-4 ppl in the boat.. thanks

I have had a 2019 and 2021 23 LSV.  Never had an issue.  The one thing I would say would be slow down a bit.  From my experience with the 23LSV, you really have to loaded up (fuel, peeps, coolers, etc...) to get above 11.2 - 11.3.  Most of the time we were between 10.8 - 11.0.

Also, are you trying in good water?  Flat with limited wind?  

Edited by Five Cent Worth
29 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I have had a 2019 and 2021 23 LSV.  Never had an issue.  The one thing I would say would be slow down a bit.  From my experience with the 23LSV, you really have to loaded up (fuel, peeps, coolers, etc...) to get above 11.2 - 11.3.  Most of the time we were between 10.8 - 11.0.

Also, are you trying in good water?  Flat with limited wind?  

You bring up a solid point- it was a bit windy yesterday. And had some chop. But i will def try it a bit slower next time and see how that affects things. However the Right side wave was perfect on same conditions… unfair ! 

Edited by Thetaxman

I’ve had many 23 lsv’s currently a 2022. For the port side wave you need to go about 1/2 mph slower, like 10.8 maximum. You need to only fill your starboard side rear ballast to 1/2 to3/4 full (including plug and play) . Wedge needs to be at 4, 1 click steeper than running starboard. Bow and locker lead on the port side will only make it better. Of course full gas tank and big crew will change things.

Edited by surfdude
59 minutes ago, Thetaxman said:
39 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

Water depth?

Try to add some weight bias to the port/regular side. 

It was 50-60 ft, ok gonna do that! 

19 minutes ago, surfdude said:

I’ve had many 23 lsv’s currently a 2022. For the port side wave you need to go about 1/2 mph slower, like 10.8 maximum. You need to only fill your starboard side rear ballast to 1/2 to3/4 full (including plug and play) . Wedge needs to be at 4, 1 click steeper than running starboard. Bow and locker lead on the port side will only make it better. Of course full gas tank and big crew will change things.

This is super helpful too. Thank you. Im gonna try slowing it down next time and apply those adjustments. 

I second the slowing down a bit and +1 wedge compared to the goofy side. Applies even on our 22LSV. I haven’t tried emptying starboard side to 75% yet because most of the people I surf with surf goofy so it’s rare when I pull someone regular. And if I do, they are normally a beginner so having the perfect wave isn’t as important as just finding their balance and movements on the board but I will try that next too.

Even with right/goofy surfers,  I still leave the starboard rear bag only half full and have a great wave on both sides.    I am a bigger boat in a T250, so less sensitive to fore/aft weight differences and bow rise though, but I do run one or two positions lower on the wedge for that side also.    

On 9/10/2023 at 10:04 AM, Thetaxman said:

You bring up a solid point- it was a bit windy yesterday. And had some chop. But i will def try it a bit slower next time and see how that affects things. However the Right side wave was perfect on same conditions… unfair ! 

There is a decent difference performance difference when it is windy.  Wave looks fine, but you are there surfing is like a giant sail when you don't have a rope to hold onto.  

On 9/10/2023 at 10:47 AM, teamerickson said:

Water depth?

Try to add some weight bias to the port/regular side. 

I get a better wave when in water over 20’ deep.  We do not surf if the water is under about 15’-16’, wave gets flatter and looses push.