Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dreaded Misfire codes CYL #1 (new engine)

hawaiianstyln

New motor has been awesome all summer running great 50+ hours no issues!  The only thing we didn't change is new fuel injectors, which i have ready to install
-alignment set to .0003

-new strut bearing

-New Spark Plugs, 8mm wires from bakes, Cap/Rotor

code ONLY fires when operating near WOT and I'm only a little under WOT for 3-4 seconds and it triggers the code.  This started about 2 weeks ago.  Doesn't happen every-time when I'm near WOT only random

when it has triggered it never took me into limp mode until yesterday.  Luckily i brought DIACOM on the water and reset it.  

anyone have some good guidance on troubleshooting steps they have done as i know this code seems to be popular from what i remember.  I know @oldjeep had this issue once.  Almost makes me feel like its the injector since they are 2008 injectors since everything else is new.
i already swapped #1 plug wire to #2 wire and the code didn't follow to Cyl 2

spark plug looks fine on #1

IMG_0388.jpeg

IMG_0390.jpeg

IMG_0391.jpeg

Edited by hawaiianstyln
11 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

My issue turned out to be an overly sensitive misfire detection, that cropped up at higher rpm running.   A firmware update for the ecm fixed it.

How do i do a firmware update on the ECM, can i do this with DIACOM?

Just now, hawaiianstyln said:

How do i do a firmware update on the ECM, can i do this with DIACOM?

You need to have a dealer do it.  The diacom that they sell to you and I is not unlocked for writing.  And that was the issue on my 2012, your 2008 is different.

4 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

You need to have a dealer do it.  The diacom that they sell to you and I is not unlocked for writing.  And that was the issue on my 2012, your 2008 is different.

Roger that, I'm assuming i can just bring them the ECM and not the entire boat.  Dealer is 1.5 hours from me here in MI.  I’ll call them!  What is it to update and ECM $100?

11 minutes ago, hawaiianstyln said:

Roger that, I'm assuming i can just bring them the ECM and not the entire boat.  Dealer is 1.5 hours from me here in MI.  I’ll call them!  What is it to update and ECM $100?

You would need to ask your dealer.  I brought them the boat.  I think they charged me an hour - whatever that cost.  But that was a number of years ago.

• Like 1