Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Search

jetskipro550

I just went to the search and typed in VTX and it came back with no results, so I tried vtx, and still no results. Then I tried VLX...no results. Obviously these words have been written thousands of times, so whats up with the search? Anyone else having problems?

I’ve had the same problem with “short words”. I think the search engine omits words 3 letters long and shorter. This caused quite a problem for me a few weeks ago when I was searching for something (cannot remember what now…) I tried everything, quotes, *, you name it. Defiantly a major bummer, but probably done to alleviate server-search congestion?

I duno about that... but I was able to find this.. :unsure:

I hardly have time for this site, but when I am in a mood for a laugh I go to college humor and see how stupid drunk people are.

ROFL.gif

Edited by SacRiverRat
I duno about that... but I was able to find this.. :unsure:

I hardly have time for this site, but when I am in a mood for a laugh I go to college humor and see how stupid drunk people are.

ROFL.gif

I swear I didn't write that, I had to go look it up to see where you took my words out of context...you suck! :lol:

Yes, but it was funny. :lol:

I think that Chad's right about the short words. I have the board set to accept search parameters down to 3 letters, but it's possible that there's a bug or something in this version of the board software. I will see if I can do some testing on our test forum with the new software to see if the same problem is present there.

Yes, but it was funny. :lol:

I think that Chad's right about the short words. I have the board set to accept search parameters down to 3 letters, but it's possible that there's a bug or something in this version of the board software. I will see if I can do some testing on our test forum with the new software to see if the same problem is present there.

That would be great! Thanks!

Okay just some quick testing on the test site & new board software for 3-letter words that I know to be present works fine, so I think that this should be resolved with the upgrade. If I can get the skin finished up tonight, I should be able to do the upgrade this weekend.

Is there anyway you can take the sight down for the next 2 weeks while doing the upgrade? Dead week starts Monday...

Edited by jetskipro550
Is there anyway you can take the sight down for the next 2 weeks while doing the upgrade? Dead week starts Monday...
Ranting.gif Don't even suggest it. Bash.gif

What do you expect me to do all week...work? Crazy.gif

Ranting.gif Don't even suggest it. Bash.gif

What do you expect me to do all week...work? Crazy.gif

Then you might have to hit the opera and enjoy it.... ROFL.gif

Any reason why? I'll need to take it down for a few hours to do it, but that should be about it.

yeah so I can study :lol:

Any reason why? I'll need to take it down for a few hours to do it, but that should be about it.

Won't help you.... ;)

Not gonna happen voluntarily, sorry. :)

Any reason why?

C'mon, you can do it. Look at it this way: If you don't study, you could end up like Michael. Shocking.gif

Crazy.gif

You've convinced me, I am logging off the crew until the 24th :lol:

If you don't study, you could end up like Michael.
Skiing 2 to 3 times a week?...all year round? Biggrin.gif Yeah, you're right, it sucks to be me. Much better to be some guy with a frozen lake whose wife keeps his testicles in one jar and his brain in another. ROFL.gif
You've convinced me, I am logging off the crew until the 24th :lol:
Keep it up Sparky. Fingerwag.gif
If you don't study, you could end up like Michael.
Skiing 2 to 3 times a week?...all year round? Biggrin.gif Yeah, you're right, it sucks to be me. Much better to be some guy with a frozen lake whose wife keeps his testicles in one jar and his brain in another. ROFL.gif

Cry.gif:lol:Tongue.gif

• 2 months later...

Still no results found when searching for 3 letter words. I know it used to work cause when I found this site I searched for xti and got loads of returns. Now that I have my boat I'd like to find some of those posts and re-read them but I can't find them :( I also recently was searching for amp and got no results. Is it fixable?

• 3 weeks later...
Still no results found when searching for 3 letter words. I know it used to work cause when I found this site I searched for xti and got loads of returns. Now that I have my boat I'd like to find some of those posts and re-read them but I can't find them :( I also recently was searching for amp and got no results. Is it fixable?

I have a terrible time with the search. I can never find what I want even when I know what I'm looking for.

Is the search case sensitive? I think I get different results as I change the case.

The other day I was looking for a post that was a response to a question I asked about how to calibrate the speedo with a GPS. I made the post and knew what I was looking for and looked for all combinations of "calibrate" "speedometer" and "GPS" with no results. I finally had to search for posts that I made and hunt down (by the way, I got more hits on google limiting the search results to the domain "themalibucrew.com" than I received in the search function on this site.

Not that it makes a difference, but this is the post I was looking for

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6105

I have a terrible time with the search. I can never find what I want even when I know what I'm looking for.

Is the search case sensitive? I think I get different results as I change the case.

The other day I was looking for a post that was a response to a question I asked about how to calibrate the speedo with a GPS. I made the post and knew what I was looking for and looked for all combinations of "calibrate" "speedometer" and "GPS" with no results. I finally had to search for posts that I made and hunt down (by the way, I got more hits on google limiting the search results to the domain "themalibucrew.com" than I received in the search function on this site.

actually, depending how you did your search, the word speedometer is not in that thread that you posted, so if you searched the site that said give me all threads that contain GPS, SPEEDOMETER and CALIBRATE, that look would not have been found. To test this go to the link you provided, and use the FIND ON THIS PAGE function (or something similar, depending on your browser), and look for SPEEDOMETER. Its not on the page.

I've been having difficulty with it as well, particularly with shorter search terms. I've been trying to find the solution, but haven't yet. I'll keep at it though.

actually, depending how you did your search, the word speedometer is not in that thread that you posted, so if you searched the site that said give me all threads that contain GPS, SPEEDOMETER and CALIBRATE, that look would not have been found. To test this go to the link you provided, and use the FIND ON THIS PAGE function (or something similar, depending on your browser), and look for SPEEDOMETER. Its not on the page.

I know.. as I said I tried many combinations. I thought the same thing about speedometer so I tried "speed", "speed*", "speedo", "speedo*"... you get the picture

I kept trying many different combinations of things because I knew the thread existed but I couldn't find it. Anyway, thanks for trying though.