Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 21 VLX Interior Speakers Cutting in and Out.

martfowler

The speakers on my 2018 21 VLX are cutting in and out.  I went into the storage area and checked the connections and everything seemed secure. Does anyone know how to trouble shoot OR had this happen to them. I don't mind taking to a stereo electronic shop but hate to take it out of the water during the season. The tower speakers work as they should.  Thanks in advance.

Does the boat have 2 amps and tower speakers and woofer? Is it all the speakers or just part of the system? Does one or both amps start flashing or does the badge just go out? This begins to divide the system up and narrow down the possible causes. 

These are good questions that i can't answer yet but am going to check, also will check the amp flashing...i had read about that in the past and forgot about it