Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

High hour Response Txi 330hp issues to be aware of?

Killer

Hey crew.   I'm considering buying a high hour (1000) 2013 response txi with the monsoon 330hp motor.   

I'm familiar with the base powerplant, had a 350 vortec carb motor in a Malibu sportster I had that was awesome, but also a low hour boat 

Any issues I should be aware of at 1000hrs?

Its had a few things replaced, namely the touchscreen.

Wondering how much use I can get out of it at these hrs.   I'll only put 50 or so on per year is my guess.

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

1000 hours is barely broken in, but to be safe, I'd do a compression or leakdown test.

Ya I'm thinking inspection at a dealership with those tests.  Its far from me so logistics are tough to sort out.

How do folks end up organizing that for boats they don't own?

The last 2 used boats I bought I just took out myself to test and rolled the dice but both were low hrs.

Edited by Killer

Compression tester could be purchased for cheap, bring that to look at the boat and you'll look like a professional.  Check out a few YouTube videos, it's not all that tough.  You'll be able to tell pretty quick if the owner has taken care of the boat, receipts, check out the cleanliness of the bilge area, hull of the boat dinged, chipped, dirty?  If the owner is super particular like some of us are then he WILL let you know.  

• Like 2

Electronic screens & components are probably the key high expense items with randomly limited lifespans.   Depending on how the boat was cared for, general wear & tear if the previous owner(s) were not the most caring (upholstery).  If maintained meticulously, that boat could provide a decade of trouble free service at 50 hrs / year.