Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Buying Superduty - any market info/pricing?

OtherBoatisaCessna

OtherBoatisaCessna

Hey y’all, I think it’s finally time for me to replace our old suburban, and I’d like to buy another F250/350.  Has anyone on here bought one recently?   I’m curious if you can share your experience as it relates to inventory, ability to get the features you wanted, and pricing.  I’ve done some looking and it seems like inventory is still way down, that if you order one you have some limits on options, and that pricing is probably a little bit off MSRP, but not much.  If anyone sees it differently, I’d love to know.

TIA

Don't have much inside knowledge, but do know that my neighbor ordered a Platinum F450 last year as soon as the order banks opened and they told him not to expect before Q4 of this year.  I think the lower trim levels are arriving at a faster clip, but still haven't seen many of the new ones on the road.

Granger Ford in Iowa says they are doing $1500 over Invoice for 2023 model year orders and hope to be more “aggressive” on 2024 pricing. They have a thread on the Super Duty Tremor forum on it and people there seem to like dealing with them.  I considered them when ordering my 22 because they were 3% below invoice at the time, but I ended up ordering from Chapman Ford in PA because they were also 3% below invoice and a lot closer to me since I’m in VA. I ended up switching my order to my local dealer, Koons Ford in VA, because they said they would price match. Chapman says they are doing 1% under invoice for super dutys and 3% on other vehicles; but I think with them you will have a long wait. I was still getting “sorry for the delay” emails from Ford on my Chapman order long after I got my truck from Koons (I’m guessing Chapman didn’t cancel my order so they could try and get another truck in).

I would start with a quote from Granger and then see if a local dealer will match or beat it. Also try and get a PCO (private cash offer) if you go with a new Ford. I got one a couple weeks ago for $1250 for a super duty; but they were $3k when I ordered mine. I couldn’t use the $500 off for military though with my PCO, but I’m not sure if the $500 off for first responder/military/student is always unusable if you use a PCO. If you do order from the factory, find out if your price is locked in. There was a Ford price increase in between when I ordered and got a VIN, and Koons charged me for it, even though I signed a price sheet at the time of order. They said it only gets locked in when you get a VIN, but I have heard they can lock it in when you order. I don’t know which is correct, but I paid it as I was getting a good deal on the truck and wasn’t going to walk away from it.

OtherBoatisaCessna

Thanks everyone.  I was pretty far along in the sales process when I wrote that and just kind of couldn’t believe the pricing I was getting.  But it sounds like my experience was a no worse and maybe a little better than most.  Ended up buying an F350 for a couple thousand less than MSRP, no doubt they got it back from me on the extended warranty 🤦‍♂️.  Sweet rig though, very happy to be back in a Ford truck - I really missed my 2020 after I decided to sell it.  

• Like 1