Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

24 Axis quick look

Livinlogs

I saw the new boat the other day . I got to see the non metallic Mia blue I think it’s called and the metallic on a Malibu . Love the metallic , darker than vapor . 

softgrip is now what it should have been for the past two years . More texture . Also more around the cockpit and side of tower . 

new stereo head unit . Cool. Didn’t get to try it but had to be better than previous gen 

new interior speaker covers , more Malibu like 

coolest thing is the tower speakers are recessed up to the top of the tower for more head room .

surfgate logos are brushed rather than polished , new trailer wheels . 

this was a quick peek under the shipping wrap . A225 model I think but sure these changes apply to all.  Good to see Axis! 

I also saw a 24 model 26lsv . Love the new tower and racks . I stopped looking for my own benefit since it’s too long to fit in my garage . Have a great week 

Pics of the new A245 have surfaced online. Onlyinboards has pics only of a couple A225s that you can see the new interior upgrades as far as stereo goes. 

6 minutes ago, mk2driver said:

Pics of the new A245 have surfaced online. Onlyinboards has pics only of a couple A225s that you can see the new interior upgrades as far as stereo goes. 

Real pics? Please share! :)

15 hours ago, mk2driver said:

Looks the same as my 2023 other than speaker covers?  

On 8/10/2023 at 8:35 AM, dizzygti said:

No the A24 is a completely new boat now branded as A245. Look in the other thread called Axis A245 for pics. 

On 8/11/2023 at 5:41 PM, mk2driver said:

No the A24 is a completely new boat now branded as A245. Look in the other thread called Axis A245 for pics. 

Looks the same as my T250 except for the speaker covers.   

Looks the same as Malibu! :)

I know, there are still significant differences, especially in controls, however it seems the two product lines are moving closer together in many regards, and features. 

Moving forward, I don't envy anyone trying to make a decision based on value!

I know I would be looking very hard at these, vs Bu-line. Albeit some of the Bu-specific features/options are pretty nice, and (too) easy to get used to. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, smuurph84 said:

Im no sound guru but doesn’t that looks like it would effect the sound? 

Nevermind I see after zooming in the gray is part of the grill . Looked like a solid piece on my phone 

15 hours ago, teamerickson said:

New speaker grills for Axis in 2024! Consistent throughout the boat.

On 8/10/2023 at 11:35 AM, dizzygti said:

It's almost like someone said that already.  :lol:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, MikeR397 said:

I’m not sure I like the styling better than before…

At least it's less "space" for spiders to build nests compared to previous.  

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, dizzygti said:

At least it's less "space" for spiders to build nests compared to previous.  

True, and less space for kids to jam sharp objects in. I took some photos today. They are definitely more of a meh design and really hides the speakers more but I guess it is what it is and I don’t really care. 

eta: is it possible to directly upload a pic here? I’m not going through hassle of third party pic hosting and links…

Edited by MikeR397

I was checking out a 24 t235 and a 23 t220 today and noticed the t220 swivel chair only rotated a few degrees and hit the sidewall and stopped very annoyingly. However, the t235 chair swivels fine all the way around in the back slider position too. Hoping axis fixed that issue for 2024 as it’s a very annoying one to me. 

Also the 24 t235 was in the new Maya Blue exterior color which isn’t even on the Axis build site yet. It’s pretty cool color, torn between that and Nassau Blue.

We saw a Malibu in all light graphite with full maya blue interior and Malibu exterior graphics that was very sharp. Unfortunately Axis doesn’t let the exterior logo be anything but black and the all light graphite hull is pretty plain then. 

29 minutes ago, MikeR397 said:

Also the 24 t235 was in the new Maya Blue exterior color which isn’t even on the Axis build site yet. It’s pretty cool color, torn between that and Nassau Blue.

We saw a Malibu in all light graphite with full maya blue interior and Malibu exterior graphics that was very sharp. Unfortunately Axis doesn’t let the exterior logo be anything but black and the all light graphite hull is pretty plain then. 

You could always have them leave the decals off and get a different color through Domed Numbers if you liked the color with a different graphic color.

• Like 3
On 8/6/2023 at 12:18 PM, Livinlogs said:

I saw the new boat the other day . I got to see the non metallic Mia blue I think it’s called and the metallic on a Malibu . Love the metallic , darker than vapor . 

softgrip is now what it should have been for the past two years . More texture .

Did you notice if they put a 45 degree chamfer on the edges or is it still a straight cut (which traps a TON of dirt)?

1 hour ago, Raimie said:

Did you notice if they put a 45 degree chamfer on the edges or is it still a straight cut (which traps a TON of dirt)?

I don’t actually remember if it was chamfered or not but much deeper . I slip on my floor all the time . 2022 was the worst soft grip they’ve put on a boat . 

40 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

New head unit also!

Yeah didn't notice that, I wonder if it's a straight swap (who am I kidding?!?) as I have several issues with the MBBVIPER500BT!