Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 LSV Starboard Rear ballast tank pump fuses blowing.

audiofn

Today we went out and filled up all the tanks.  When we were done riding I could not empty my starboard rear tank.  When we got to the dock I tried to manually move the fuse.  First thing I noticed was the fuse was larger that the 5 amp that was supposed to be in the boat.  Fill was 7.5 amp fuse and empty was a 10 amp fuse.  Fist thing we did was checked the pump to make sure it was not frozen.   Even with the pump disconnected from the harness both fuses would blow.  I checked all over the boat and have not been able to pinpoint the location of the short. Does anyone have a. wire diagram they can help me with?  What other possible causes could it be?  Any ideas would be fantastic.

Edited by audiofn

So I found the problem.  Malibu runs the wire harness over the top of the power modules.  When they put the screws in to hold the power modules in one of the screws hit the harness.  Over time two wires shorted out.  I removed the screw and ran the wires in a way that I feel is safer that before, certainly easier to see the wires if I ever have to diagnose another one of these problems.  Now I have a 5 amp fuse back in the fill pump and it is working with out blowing.  The drain pump was frozen so I will order up a pump or two and replace that next weekend.  I was worried that with the larger fuse the power modules may have been damaged.  It took a bit of testing but I was able to work my way though it.