Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bluetooth Trailer Tyre Monitoring System

GCTROY

Hi Everyone - I am interested to know if anyone has installed a Bluetooth tyre pressure monitoring system on their boat trailer, and if so, what brands you would recommend. Thanks 

Mine is not Bluetooth, but I use the tire minder trailer kit with the booster. ThisTireMinder Research - TPMS-TRL-4 TireMinder Solar Powered Trailer TPMS, 4 Tire Kit https://a.co/d/cij4ADw is the more recent version. I wired the booster directly into my 7 pin to 5 pin adapter. I do have to remove the valve stem monitors prior to submerging the trailer. I also had metal valve stems installed. 

if i should start a new thread, holler.

i've considered installing tire pressure minders on the motorhome but the thought of the sending units leaving the schrader valve ALWAYS open bothers me.

thoughts?

48 minutes ago, tvano said:

if i should start a new thread, holler.

i've considered installing tire pressure minders on the motorhome but the thought of the sending units leaving the schrader valve ALWAYS open bothers me.

thoughts?

Yeah - use the internal sensors. 

Something like this: (there are hundred of different systems like this)

https://www.amazon.com/SCHRADER-SCHRFK4S-TPMS-Retrofit-Kit/dp/B07X575DWQ/ref=asc_df_B07X575DWQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=424751278055&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16551801518800431137&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019644&hvtargid=pla-897701717443&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=98636539323&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=424751278055&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16551801518800431137&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019644&hvtargid=pla-897701717443

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 1