Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Diamond or wake hull

Dwh039

Going to look at a 2002 Malibu wakesetter. Owner not sure on exact model of the boat. He sent me this pic of the tunnel. Is it a Diamond hull?  Can’t seem to get photo to upload, so here is the image link. 
https://imgbox.com/RkrL7UEJ  

1 hour ago, MalibuNation said:

Have you looked at this:

I looked at that post earlier.  Just wasn’t sure the the outside hull chines were as pronounced as the ones in the other post. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dwh039 said:

I looked at that post earlier.  Just wasn’t sure the the outside hull chines were as pronounced as the ones in the other post. 

Looks like a wake hull to me.

On 7/29/2023 at 4:13 PM, BlindSquirrel said:

Looks like a wake hull to me.

Beg to differ.  That picture looks like my old 2002 WS Diamond hull.  

41 minutes ago, dlb said:

Beg to differ.  That picture looks like my old 2002 WS Diamond hull.  

🤷‍♀️ maybe. Here’s a photo of my wake hull for reference. 

IMG_0825

It's the wake hull. I've owned both. There is so little difference between them other factors will make more of a difference in the wake. Passengers, fuel weight, cargo and even water conditions. In other words don't let that make your final decision. I'd be more interested in all the boat's basics, including the trailer.

Steve B.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, BlindSquirrel said:

🤷‍♀️ maybe. Here’s a photo of my wake hull for reference. 

IMG_0825

I stand corrected.  It has been a few years since I sold my 2002.

• Like 1
On 7/30/2023 at 8:06 PM, Steve B. said:

It's the wake hull. I've owned both. There is so little difference between them other factors will make more of a difference in the wake. Passengers, fuel weight, cargo and even water conditions. In other words don't let that make your final decision. I'd be more interested in all the boat's basics, including the trailer.

Steve B.

I ended up buying the 2002 wakesetter. It was in immaculate condition with only 220hrs. The wake looked a heck of a lot better than what I was previously slalom skiing on, plus the kids are getting into wake boarding and surfing. Worst case, we will use this one till I find a nice condition sunsetter lxi. Just couldn’t pass up a boat in this condition. Thanks for all the replies everyone. I’ve learned a heck of a lot from everyone on this site the past week. 

• Like 3