Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

22 A22 rear seats tearing at the seams...

flapjack

We've got a couple hundred hours of folks climbing over the rear seats to get on the back deck.  First, the port-rear seat had a small tear at the piping in the vinyl.  Now, I've got a second set of tears on the rear-middle seat.

My 99 response didn't have issues with vinyl though well over 500hrs.  My 11VTX didn't have problems for about 8-9 years.

Is it the newer softer materials, or did a get a bum set of cushions?  Also, how do you get folks on the back deck without stepping on the seats?

2 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

thanks, but that kinda sux.  I don't want to be the guy telling wife and kids not to step on the seat.  We've been doing it for 20 years.

Do other find this necessary?

Do other find this necessary?

Started on day one with a mat for my flip up rear seat on my 2019 LSV. @ 506 hours, it may look hillbilly but it’s brand new underneath.

Warranty will cover it, could be stitched too tightly or something.

On my second skin for replacement this fall. The dealership says they are covered for 5 years. It will get done when my throttle lever gets replaced because of the bad neutral shift switch. Common ailment so I am told.

• 2 weeks later...

Was reading this one and bought the step pad. Between hot vinyl and dirty feet and everyone entering on the same seat from our dock, seems like a small trick to protect that area. Some of the best inventions out there are hillbilly ingenuity 🧐

Then last night took the boat out and noticed it’s not my seats I need to worry about. My sun pad is splitting along the grey inserts. Glad to hear others have gotten coverage for these kind of issues through warranty. Have a short list going for the dealer this winter. 

IMG_5354.thumb.jpeg.9c0f41fabf1570ae5584fe3b4db6a3bc.jpeg

I also noticed significant cracking around the transom tow point. Has anyone had experience getting that kind of issue covered?