Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New M for 2024

Clay10

I really like the slide out cooler, the locker doesn't look near as convenient to get drinks.  The rest of the changes look pretty cool although I would worry about the rear subwoofers getting beat up with throwing things in and out of the storage compartment.  

19 minutes ago, JWBeav said:

I really like the slide out cooler, the locker doesn't look near as convenient to get drinks.  The rest of the changes look pretty cool although I would worry about the rear subwoofers getting beat up with throwing things in and out of the storage compartment.  

I think their thought process is people would use the pizza tray thing and never look under it often.

• Like 1

not sure how deep the storage is with the pizza trays but we use those spots for our bumpers and life jackets, not sure they would be deep enough with the pizza trays.

Yeah, we don't use any bags in those spaces...the wave is plenty big with just the factory hard tanks although I would like to see what the wave looks like with additional rear ballast.  

Looks like the new M242 will be approximately $320-$350K and M240 models are selling for as low as $160K.  Not sure any of the upgrades are worth the diff, but I do like the look of the boat and improvements!

I have the misters on my 2022 m240 and I’ve never gotten them to work.  My local dealer had no idea how to fix them “we’ve never seen a boat with it before “” lol 

• Haha 2
14 hours ago, NewMalibu said:

....Transom misters?!?!?

Like, just get in the water....

Surprised they didn't highlight the rear subs at all.

Also, anyone seen any vids on how the windblocker / front cushion get deployed and stored?  This is definitely different.  

1 hour ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Like, just get in the water....

Surprised they didn't highlight the rear subs at all.

Also, anyone seen any vids on how the windblocker / front cushion get deployed and stored?  This is definitely different.  

I was in this camp for sure. My buddy is on a lake that is used for cooling of an energy plant and it can get 102 degrees in the water down at his end of the lake. That's the only time I was grateful for them, and the only time I would even consider them useful. Floating in the water by his dock was miserable.

56 minutes ago, JeffK said:

I was in this camp for sure. My buddy is on a lake that is used for cooling of an energy plant and it can get 102 degrees in the water down at his end of the lake. That's the only time I was grateful for them, and the only time I would even consider them useful. Floating in the water by his dock was miserable.

Your buddy uses distilled water for this... right? I see the benefit I guess, but seems annoying to have to fill up your tank with water... to be on the water...

On 11/10/2023 at 9:24 AM, BlindSquirrel said:

Your buddy uses distilled water for this... right? I see the benefit I guess, but seems annoying to have to fill up your tank with water... to be on the water...

You are supposed to use distilled water and I am 99% sure he does.

And up until I tried to swim in that hot tub of a lake, I completely agreed with your sentiment. But we went in late June and it was over 100 out and in the water. That mister was about the only thing that helped.

I would have absolutely zero use for something like that on my lake, but can see where it has benefit in certain situations.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...