Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New M for 2024

Clay10

Why doesn't Malibu just officially release it already??  Local dealer said in a promo that they'd have one on the water a few weeks ago, not sure if they actually did or not.  It seems late, I feel like they used to always release the new models in August or September.

1 hour ago, Sixer said:

Why doesn't Malibu just officially release it already??  Local dealer said in a promo that they'd have one on the water a few weeks ago, not sure if they actually did or not.  It seems late, I feel like they used to always release the new models in August or September.

The official release is November , dealers have them . Check your local dealer 

13 minutes ago, JWBeav said:

Livin, what do you consider to be better?  I am worried the cooler situation may not be as good but maybe the locker works well?

I liked all the features on the loungers , the obs armrest, the kind of headrest for rear facing seat right behind driver . Nice features at the walk thru up front . Seems pretty well thought out and high quality . It was a quick look and feel . Love the quilting on the upholstery. It’s what you’d expect . Nice full width locker under the rear hatches . My dealer will ban me now :) 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On this topic, has anyone seen the new Tige Ultre ZX in the flesh?  Certainly looks to be aiming at the M, G and P line ups.  They look to have done a nice job with them based on all the content they have out there.  Love the passenger seat and the built in compressor for blowing things up.

46 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

On this topic, has anyone seen the new Tige Ultre ZX in the flesh?  Certainly looks to be aiming at the M, G and P line ups.  They look to have done a nice job with them based on all the content they have out there.  Love the passenger seat and the built in compressor for blowing things up.

I like what I've seen on the new Ultre ZX.  However, having surfed the current gen ZX, I don't care for it.  Not sure if this new Ultre ZX has a different running surface or not, but I've not been impressed. 

Have heard great things about the new ultre. Tige has definitely stepped up their game with features and just overall luxuries. The reversible seat with the fridge is pretty slick, the swim step being tucked completely under the swim grid is the way to do it. 

The wave is not like previous ZX models, new running surface and wave shape. More of a traditional and adjustable shape found on other brands. Hopefully will be able to get out and surf one here and report back but from everything I’ve heard it’s far from disappointing.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

the swim step being tucked completely under the swim grid is the way to do it. 

Supra has a power step that also stores under platform.  No pocket to trip on/in when deployed like the Bu step. Better idea for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

@1:24, is that a small screen above the cup holders?  (confirmed @1:36)

@1:27, interesting/cool storage option above the engine/rear storage

@1:29, looks like they added rear subs and brought back PnP 

Edited by NewMalibu

Rear subs with no grill covers next to the PNP bags :crazy:

The secondary control screen is cool.  I also hope it can be locked out at the helm if the captain chooses. 

The flip portion of the rear seats seems like it would be better to flip up the other way, where you would face out of the boat vs in.  

I like the boat overall but also don’t see anything new that hasn’t been offered by Malibu or others before.  

Edited by hethj7
10 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Rear subs with no grill covers next to the PNP bags :crazy:

The secondary control screen is cool.  I also hope it can be locked out at the helm of if the chooses. 

The flip portion of the rear seats seems like it would be better to flip up the other way, where you would face out of the boat vs in.  

I like the boat overall but also don’t see anything new that hasn’t been offered by Malibu or others before.  

Agree, there isn’t much new here that peaks my interest. Malibu gel line patterns as of late have been making it difficult to aesthetically use 3 colors IMHO.

the rear subs will be muffled and the cone or cone gasket will be destroyed trying to throw with any sort of contact or resistance from a bag let alone a full bag in that locker

flooring pattern and some of the vinyl stitching section are teetering on Tige stylistic choices 🤮

Here are a few things I noticed:

The extended pizza tray that sits about the ballast.  This is a neat idea and is basically the HyperRyd Designs solution.

image.thumb.png.98106c0ae4c3fa309645e4722b42a1c5.png

They have given easier access to the rear drain pumps.

image.thumb.png.ca2d09c1d86dbf9d6b00fff81d30de2a.png

This screen.. other than radio functions, what is its purpose??

image.thumb.png.d2230b39492f04df2a8d7de224e73f7d.png

Cleaning up the drain holes on the side of the boat.

image.thumb.png.d8aef7f4dcc5ae35fc0a55ac52b9d52f.png

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

Cleaning up the drain holes on the side of the boat.

image.thumb.png.d8aef7f4dcc5ae35fc0a55ac52b9d52f.png

this front-drain approach is interesting -- assuming it works to drain at speed and doesn't get caught in some updraft that soaks the whole boat.  

on the trailer looks a little like a dragon blowing its nose...

52 minutes ago, Stevo said:

The power helm seat has a dial you turn for up/down vs a toggle switch 

still looks like an under powered winch on the trailer

The M has always had a dial for the power helm seat.

• Like 2

A few other things that are 'newer' that I picked up

* Walk thru up front.  This is a nice a feature and makes it feel like a bigger more premium boat

* Arm rest on passenger seat.  Meh, okay, like the flip both way seat on the new Tige better

* Like the behind the driver seat locker vs the old M slider style

* Anchor locker up front.  All boats should have this.

* During that video (that makes my head hurt trying to watch with all the flipping around) does it seem like it doesn't ride as bow heavy as the 2023 version?  the one thing that always seemed off to me is the 2023 version didn't seem to ride level

Surprised there isn't a better solution than board racks and that they didn't do more with the tower speakers.  Also surprised they didn't do more with the rear camera. 

I really like the gel patterns and interior stitching.  Especially compared to the Tetris look of the previous gen gel patterns.

Edited by Five Cent Worth
typo
  • Like 1
On 10/18/2023 at 12:44 PM, Five Cent Worth said:

the infamous Joe Brown is the new dealer for Tige/ATX.  he moved on from centurion with an opportunity to be a dealer in his new home state of TN.  his walkthru pics of it were pretty cool.  luv the runabout cobalt style front seat.    

2 hours ago, NewMalibu said:

https://www.familypowersports.com/inventory/display/new/2024/MALIBU/WAKESETTER-M242/MB2V4912J324/#

Looks like there is some type of position sensor on the flip down swim step

My 2023 24MXZ has a sensor on the side. It’s there to let you know the step is down. 

On 11/4/2023 at 11:14 PM, Ronnie said:

My 2023 24MXZ has a sensor on the side. It’s there to let you know the step is down. 

Mine as well on my 25 LSV.