Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New M for 2024

Clay10

3 hours ago, Hemmy said:

Everybody is getting into the surf boat.  This boat by Aviara is 28' and super sexy looking.  Still a stern drive boat though, but better looking than the Cobalt IMO.  Funny that they advertise "Luxury Without Limits".
https://www.aviaraboats.com/av28#av28:-luxury-without-limits

image.thumb.png.106eeedfca8a36d67f97ec716fe46231.png

image.thumb.png.a8412dcec0e5d29df89411f13da6e42c.png

These Aviaras are insanely nice boats. A lot of mastercraft influence on the interiors and the same surf star system. Price point is actually pretty reasonable for what you’re getting as well. My dealer is bringing them in, excited to get out on one.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Stevo said:

If anything, you could use this boat to dredge out the shallow portion of your lake, giving you a deeper channel

Not a bad idea for our situation.  Can you weld a giant scoop on the prop strut for me?

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

These Aviaras are insanely nice boats. A lot of mastercraft influence on the interiors and the same surf star system. Price point is actually pretty reasonable for what you’re getting as well. My dealer is bringing them in, excited to get out on one.

I've seen these pop up a lot and they look super nice actually like their layouts better than the R series.. 

6 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

1800 lb of ballast seems pretty light on a boat that size... Although it's still only eight six beam..  the R series has a 10-6 although that's more displacement so they'll need even more weight.. 

I'm curious on actual out the door pricing on the R series and these as well. at some point are they similar to a 26 LSV?

IE 285k+ out the door?..  and more valuable/versatile?... 

Edited by The Hulk
2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

1800 lb of ballast seems pretty light on a boat that size... Although it's still only eight six beam..  the R series has a 10-6 although that's more displacement so they'll need even more weight.. 

I'm curious on actual out the door pricing on the R series and these as well. at some point are they similar to a 26 LSV?

IE 285k+ out the door?..  and more valuable/versatile?... 

Ballast is pretty light but the boat is 8k dry weight so you're still pushing heavy weight. Draft is pretty small so not a ton of displacement tho... Have heard its no X series MC wave, long but not as much height. My biggest complaint with the cobalt is the steepness and prop wash so I'd call it a step in the right direction. 

Ive heard pricing will be mid 400s Canadian so likely lower to mid 300k USD. Which is pretty decent in comparison to other top tier models. I don't have cobalt pricing but I know it is more than the Aviara. 

I may put a deposit on the M242 . I Currently have a 2023 M240 which I will be selling soon a few upgrades I did. 240k 30 hours

So mM42 rear transom seats with full backs with misters .. four 12" sub option , front bow open with pop out to close off the bow. New G20 tower, no more yeti cooler went with the locker also the rear storage is different. Passenger side has new arm rest, Gel coat option has ridiculous of configurations and new colors.  MRSP $414,000 

Edited by LegendFonz
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, LegendFonz said:

I may put a deposit on the M242 . I Currently have a 2023 M240 which I will be selling soon a few upgrades I did. 240k 30 hours

So mM42 rear transom seats with full backs with misters .. four 12" sub option , front bow open with pop out to close off the bow. New G20 tower, no more yeti cooler went with the locker also the rear storage is different. Passenger side has new arm rest, Gel coat option has ridiculous of configurations and new colors.  MRSP $414,000 

Sounds like you know more than just that teaser pic...

when shopping at the very top end where price probably isn't a determining factor, what do you see as the prime differentiators to lean towards the M vs say a 26 LSV?  they are probably displacing similar amounts of H2O, have many of the same features, 26 has more room but M maybe nicer finishes?  i've never been in either, just curious how you think they stack up

• Like 1
8 hours ago, LegendFonz said:

Can't wait to see this thing.....     :partytime:

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2023 at 10:23 PM, LegendFonz said:

I may put down a deposit as well, really like some of the improvements listed above.  However, I do really like the Yeti cooler and slide...not sure how well laid out the locker is for storage of drinks or if there is another cooler somewhere.  

On 9/14/2023 at 12:23 AM, LegendFonz said:

are you serious about a 414K msrp?  That's BANANAS!