Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 23 LSV squealing tower speakers no sound

Gph213

I was on the water tonight after a heavy rain.  Stereo was good, not overly loud—about 3/4 volume.  All of a sudden the music stopped and can hearing squealing through towers.  This happens whenever the stereo power is turned on.  Moving fade to front doesn’t change anything.  No music plays out if any speaker.  Any guidance on where to start?  3 Rockford fosgate amps.  I have a short video at this link: 

Edited by Gph213
Add video links for clarity
  • 3 weeks later...

Funny, I too have a '16 23LSV. My boat got a 0.5 out of 10 rain shower on the lake a few weeks ago. The kind of rain that barely gets your t-shirt wet. We came out to the dock and powered up. The "in-boat" speakers screamed, then tic-tic-tic'd for about 15 seconds, then just plain died. 

We climbed in the port cabinet under the glove box to try to troubleshoot. Switched the inputs from amp 1 to amp 2 to amp 3. Concluded that amp 3 had to be screwed. Bought a new one on Amazon - RF, same model number and everything. Swapped it out. Since it was like for like swap, all the connections were able to be reused. Stereo is now like-new again.

I wasn't sure that this was the problem. and it wasn't cheap at like $450. I figured that it would be better than trying to wait til the end of the season. tow it to the dealer. pay them $165/hr to diagnose it, buy the $450 part for $650, then pay them $165/hr to install it.

I can't tell you if this is the problem that you are having, but if you are handy, I might suggest this move. The hardest part was the access in that cabinet. Tough to work on your side/back while laying across the battery compartment. Best to have an assistant to hand you tools and stuff instead of having to climb in and out of the space.

Good luck.