Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Steering turns to the right

Alex77

Hello.!

I own a malibu lsv 2000, and my problem is that the steering turns right, at higher speed, faster the turn. Is this adjustable at the cable.? if so, How.?
I replaced it because steering wheel was too hard.

please help.!

It's normal for them to pull to the right.  This is intentional to help you hold straight ahead tracking better by making you hold against something rather than loosely waffling back and forth at center wheel.  Having said that, there is a trim tab on the rudder that you can adjust to vary the intensity of this right side pull.  Your boat has likely always pulled to the right, the new cable just isn't sticky any more and allows it to pull.

Edited by lake4life
16 hours ago, lake4life said:

there is a trim tab on the rudder

Only on some models.  If you don't have a trim tab, you either have to add a small wedge or grind the rudder.  Removing all of the preload from the steering will cause the boat to hunt when going straight, so I recommend keeping at least some pull.