Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

5 amp fuse pics

Whitecap

It’s been a while since I’ve posted.  I’ve been trouble free with my boat for a while now.  (Wonderfully).   Recently, my starboard ballast drain pump stopped working.  I was able to get the the boat back to the lift, and drain the inboard locker.  The pump won’t turn on.  I removed the starboard drain pump and the impeller was a bit hard to turn by hand.  I unplugged the starboard drain pump wires from its quick connector and plugged it into the quick connector to the port pump.  (I wanted to use the port power source to see if I had a bad starboard pump, or no power over there).   The pump turned on for one second and then stopped.  I unplugged the starboard drain pump from the port power source and plugged the port drain pump back into it’s correct power source.  Now the port drain pump no longer turns on. :Frustrated:

thoughts:  the starboard drain pump is broken or frozen because it’s impeller is relatively hard to turn by hand.  It also blew the drain fuse fuse on the starboard drain pump side.  When I plugged the port drain pump back into its original power source, it does not come on because my broken starboard drain pump blew the fuse on the port drain pump side as well when I tested it.  Is my thinking reasonable?

I know the fuses for the pumps are in a black box under my steering wheel of my 2013 Malibu 23’ LSV.  I don’t have any 5 amp fuses.  Are there special ones to buy.  Can any 5amp boat fuse work for me.  

can you send me a pic of the correct type of 5 amp fuse to use?

Would the fuse in attached picture work?

IMG_0278.png

Edited by Whitecap
Adding a pic
  • 4 weeks later...

Quick follow up.  The pump showed up via delivery.  I then went to the auto store to get the fuses, and advice on how to get the new pump connected to the existing wires that powered the old pump.  The whole job took me about 30-45 minutes once on the boat.  (Yes I’m a rook).

pretty satisfying overall.

thanks for the advice along the way!

Edited by Whitecap