Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2002 Wakesetter bow compartments hold water

Parkerbw85

Parkerbw85

I am curious what most folks keep/store in the bow storage compartments of a Malibu boat?  Mine is a 2002 VLX.  After hosing the boat off or if a rain catches me without the cover on these carpeted compartments do not seem to drain even on an incline…any advice is helpful thanks 

Parkerbw85
21 minutes ago, redrooster said:

We have dry bags in ours.  

Thanks - do you have to vacuum that water out or is supposed to drain from these compartments? 

i would think they would have a drain hole to the bilge?  If not you could drill some no? MIne are carpeted as well with bow ballast sack under the seat cushions.  I have never had water stay in there that I can remember even after getting caught in a rain shower.  Boat is garage kept however so I haven't had a lot of water getting in there.  I was just thinking though even when i have taken a wave over the front which has happened quite a few times over the years :whistle: i don't remember having it hold water in there.

Edited by DUKENO1
Parkerbw85
31 minutes ago, DUKENO1 said:

i would think they would have a drain hole to the bilge?  If not you could drill some no? MIne are carpeted as well with bow ballast sack under the seat cushions.  I have never had water stay in there that I can remember even after getting caught in a rain shower.  Boat is garage kept however so I haven't had a lot of water getting in there.  I was just thinking though even when i have taken a wave over the front which has happened quite a few times over the years :whistle: i don't remember having it hold water in there.

Appreciate it - Yes I am going to play with it some and fill with water and jack boat up to be sure and if it doesn't probably drill a couple of holes to keep it nice and dry.  Thanks for the feedback!

This is curious, since my 2002 had a hard shell with a drain that was advertised as a cooler, but all it did was melt ice.  I used it for anchor and miscellaneous storage.  Can you post a picture?

Cut my ice melters out of my 01 Sunscape to gain a few inches of depth/storage for bags and lead. There was a drain down to the bilge under the ice chest. Yours may just be clogged. Look in the aft part of compartments under the bow seating. 

Search my name on Wakegarage. I have my ice chest removal pics there. 

Edited by Bushmankev

I keep my under seat bow ballast bag under all the bow seats - the ONLY thing that belongs in there.  Also 100lbs of lead, but that's after taking apart the front interior to get it all the way in the bow.  Under those seats is for ballast, not storage.