Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower volume not working, turning up cabins

hethj7

Anyone had this happen before?   We noticed our tower speakers work, but stay at low volume.  When I use the mixer screen to turn up towers only, the cabins are turning up instead.  Seems like a software glitch perhaps, but we haven’t updated it recently.  I have played with the other EQ settings etc. but it persisted yesterday.  

23 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Anyone had this happen before?   We noticed our tower speakers work, but stay at low volume.  When I use the mixer screen to turn up towers only, the cabins are turning up instead.  Seems like a software glitch perhaps, but we haven’t updated it recently.  I have played with the other EQ settings etc. but it persisted yesterday.  

Long shot, but check for a system update while connected to wifi. Never know, might be something in there that fixes it.

After some initial troubleshooting, that is my first real step.  I am behind by a version or two.   Just odd that it happened a year plus into running this software version, etc. 

Software has been updated.  Still the same issue.  Bad black box maybe?   

I get faint sound out of the towers, but the mixer still behaves the the same.  It is like the signals have gotten all crossed up digitally.   Amps are fine, all wiring connections look good. 

ahopkins22LSV

Maybe a long shot, but I believe there are wire connections under the tower base for the tower speakers. I’d check those to see if they are fully connected. Not sure it would cause the issue you are having but would be simple if so. 

Dealer is looking at it now.  First thought from them is my tower amp and black box have simultaneously failed, which certainly seems odd.  I will report final findings once it is actually fixed though.   I still suspect just a black box issue.  

• Like 1

Interesting.  I've not had that issue.  However, I have had my cabin, sub, and tower mixing settings constantly change without my input.  It's very strange, but I always seem to have to adjust that. 

The EQ isn’t remembering its setting either after I power off. I really think  the black box is the issue.  I hope to know for sure tomorrow and report back it is all working after replacing it.  

Edited by hethj7
  • Like 2