Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding surf gates

Woodworker

I want to add surf gates to my 2012 wake setter looking for used gates that I can buy or template so I can make own any help would be appreciated 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2023 at 8:50 PM, Woodworker said:

I want to add surf gates to my 2012 wake setter looking for used gates that I can buy or template so I can make own any help would be appreciated 

I made some with 1/2" HDPE.   Watch the hinge alignment.   You'll probably have to use some shims depending on your transom shape.  @martinarcher makes a nice controller.

• Like 1
On 7/30/2023 at 8:32 AM, Joshuntnd said:

How is the repeatability with the Evolution or Infinity tabs?

I believe you have to manually set them with the switches every time.    The GSA system  is automated and sets it the same every time.  It’s very easy and probably best for those who have drivers who aren’t surf system/tab  savvy.

Edited by ROFF

I lower the tab for surfing and don't touch it until we are done. it's down the whole time. Unlike surf gate the tabs don't effect the way the boat handles at low speed. You can't tell it's down until you hit surf speed.

So with the Evo, or Infinity tabs without a controller, do you deploy the tabs completely just as you would with gates? Or must you adjust them to find the sweet spot every time you switch sides? I’m just curious how hard it would be without a controller to achieve the same wave over and over.