Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Question about the rear lounge seats on a 26 LSV

xraydoc

My 2022 25 LSV had rear lounger seats that slid out. When you slide the seat out, there was a filler cushion underneath to sit on and hang your legs over the part that slides out. On the 26 LSV it just opens directly into a storage compartment, meaning you can't sit there if the seat is slid out. I'm curious if they just left the inserts out of my boat or if this was some type of new design? It didn't make much sense why they would slide out if there's nothing to sit on underneath it.

IMG_7441.jpeg

Edited by xraydoc

I believe the slide out lounge seats that sort of reclined were only on the 2022 25 LSV.  They took them away for 2023 and after because there were too many instances of the seats opening on their own while underway or passengers stepping on the rear seats and the seat sliding out when they were standing on the seat.

Yea, rumor was MC went after them for some design infringement, but who knows if that is accurate.   If the 26 design is on purpose, it likely is because that is just now a "lid" to storage vs. a leg rest.    I'm not sure if the tubs are the same size, but you may be able to source the 25LSV seat lids and use them on the 26.