Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dirty D People- Help Needed!!!

RCR47

Delta Peeps- We just bought a house on the water in DB and had a new dock and boat hoist built. Long story short, my Axis has been tied up to my buddy's dock in the water for the last month. We've used it every weekend, but haven't pulled it out of the water. 

We put our boat on our new hoist today, and you can only imagine what the bottom of the boat looks like......

What do you guys use to clean the delta off your boat? Pressure washer? Right angle drill with polishing pads???? What products do you use? 

I have to pull the boat off the water after 4th of July weekend to get a software update, and was planning to clean it then, but after looking at it now, I cannot wait that long. I need to clean it before next weekend!!!! 

Help Me!!!!

2 minutes ago, samahickman said:

Zing brand boat hull cleaner. Wear gloves and goggles.

I'm assuming that with gloves and goggles, I shouldn't use this to clean the boat in the water?????

“I have to pull the boat off the water after 4th of July weekend to get a software update….”

⬆️ And this is why I’ll never buy a new boat.

A software update… !!  Geez… 

To answer your question, take the boat to Melones, Don Pedro, Bullards Bar, Hogans, or Tulluch for a day trip. and then scrub it down.  The brown film comes right off with a wet towel.

13 minutes ago, 94MalibuEchelon said:

“I have to pull the boat off the water after 4th of July weekend to get a software update….”

⬆️ And this is why I’ll never buy a new boat.

A software update… !!  Geez… 

To answer your question, take the boat to Melones, Don Pedro, Bullards Bar, Hogans, or Tulluch for a day trip. and then scrub it down.  The brown film comes right off with a wet towel.

image.gif

• Haha 2

Can you use a pressure washer at your dock? Worth a shot. Will likely need some sort of hull cleaner which you probably don’t want to use in the water. No problems using boat bling hot sauce on a lift, if it’s not stained should take it off. 

When you pull it out I would start with car wash soap and a mitt. If that doesn’t work use a dedicated hull cleaner. Or for a major clean Lysol toilet bowl cleaner mixed 1:1 with hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle will take anything off. 

I had my boat in the delta for 3 days this spring and it got nasty can only imagine a month. 

Welcome to DB.

I use boat wash and water. Maybe you need to use more elbow grease and the pressure washer since it was in water for so long.

Once cleaned, we wash it after EVERY use with fresh water and use Babes boat products. I also wax it 3 times a year, 2 on the hoist, and once on the trailer.

8 hours ago, jeffmx said:

Welcome to DB.

I use boat wash and water. Maybe you need to use more elbow grease and the pressure washer since it was in water for so long.

Once cleaned, we wash it after EVERY use with fresh water and use Babes boat products. I also wax it 3 times a year, 2 on the hoist, and once on the trailer.

Thanks! I wasn't sure about how my judgy neighbors would feel about me taking soap down there and scrubbing it... I will make sure now, after seeing up on the hoist, to wash it everytime we lift it up. 

8 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Can you use a pressure washer at your dock? Worth a shot. Will likely need some sort of hull cleaner which you probably don’t want to use in the water. No problems using boat bling hot sauce on a lift, if it’s not stained should take it off. 

When you pull it out I would start with car wash soap and a mitt. If that doesn’t work use a dedicated hull cleaner. Or for a major clean Lysol toilet bowl cleaner mixed 1:1 with hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle will take anything off. 

I had my boat in the delta for 3 days this spring and it got nasty can only imagine a month. 

I will be able to use my pressure washer when my contractor finishes getting power and water down to the dock.... He works on Disco Bay time....

10 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Or for a major clean Lysol toilet bowl cleaner mixed 1:1 with hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle will take anything off. 

Including paint from your trailer.  Maybe use some plastic tarp to cover the metal parts of the trailer.

2 hours ago, RCR47 said:

Thanks! I wasn't sure about how my judgy neighbors would feel about me taking soap down there and scrubbing it... I will make sure now, after seeing up on the hoist, to wash it everytime we lift it up. 

Wipe it down weekly and it won’t be a problem. If it has any kind of wax on it. It should wipe right off now. Maybe a little simple green. 

2 hours ago, RCR47 said:

I will be able to use my pressure washer when my contractor finishes getting power and water down to the dock.... He works on Disco Bay time....

It is common for me to put a life vest on like a diaper at the end of a long weekend and go around the boat with a rag before I pull it. It is so easy to wipe off that way. 

4 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

It is common for me to put a life vest on like a diaper at the end of a long weekend and go around the boat with a rag before I pull it. It is so easy to wipe off that way. 

4 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

Wipe it down weekly and it won’t be a problem. If it has any kind of wax on it. It should wipe right off now. Maybe a little simple green. 

Right on. I'm hoping it cleans off easily.... It's nasty!!! Luckily it's not a white boat. It would be even worse. 

13 hours ago, RCR47 said:

no worries... check Amazon for some marine safe boat soap. we don't use soap every time. We usually  just rinse it off with fresh water, dry it, and hit it with Babes Boat Bright.

Also, if it is not to late, have your dock builder plumb your dock with fresh water for the hose and if possible add a shower. Your wife / kids will like that. 

10 hours ago, jeffmx said:

no worries... check Amazon for some marine safe boat soap. we don't use soap every time. We usually  just rinse it off with fresh water, dry it, and hit it with Babes Boat Bright.

Also, if it is not to late, have your dock builder plumb your dock with fresh water for the hose and if possible add a shower. Your wife / kids will like that. 

We have fresh water and power from the house already run to the top of the gangway. Waiting on inspections to complete the deck and the dock.... I wasn't blessed with patience, so this has been a very long, time consuming process.....