Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to get emails...

Ryan1776

I've gone through all my notifications settings; I've turned everything to "on" just to check. 

I don't receive any emails when someone comments on my topic or replays to my message. 
I do, however, get notified of PM's. So that is working. 

Looking for help. 

Thanks!

Ryan 

39 minutes ago, ahopkins22LSV said:

I think you have to follow the topic to receive notifications for a specific topic. 

Says I'm following this thread and was not alerted to the fact you posted?

I do agree, when I go to the "follow" in the upper right hand it even states, "a new notification when content is posted" is checked. 

Weird. 

Ryan

ahopkins22LSV
36 minutes ago, Ryan1776 said:

Says I'm following this thread and was not alerted to the fact you posted?

I do agree, when I go to the "follow" in the upper right hand it even states, "a new notification when content is posted" is checked. 

Weird. 

Ryan

I just followed this thread. Can you respond without quoting me to see if it sends me an email?

hey there....testing notifications. 

Sorry for delay. 

Interestingly enough, you quoted me, and that send me an email. 

Edited by Ryan1776
ahopkins22LSV

Only other thing I can think of is check all of your spam and other email settings on your side. I got a notification again for your last reply.

@Ronnie do you have any other suggestions or look into it on the server side?

It sounds like a setting on the User’s side. I regularly have users contacting me about not getting notices and 99% of the time it’s on their end. Most times it’s filtered out by their mail program. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ahopkins22LSV @Ronnie 

Not arguing either of you, but why would I receive emails for PM and when someone quotes me but not a normal post? 

EDIT:------WELL might have found it. I had everything checked but missed one box. 

Can we check one more time, no quote, just a standard reply. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Ryan1776