Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another screen delaminating - 2018

Hi all - noticed this weekend the small screen on the right in my 18 LSV is delaminating on the left side and spreading quickly.  My old 14 did this but I thought Malibu fixed this problem - disappointed to see it happen on this boat too.  Is this screen still made by Medallion?  Seems like a major problem as common as it is.

I’m still under warranty thankfully but it still sucks.  

Yeah, Malibu’s 2015-current are a little better than the first gens but they still do fail.  In my experience the newer screens last longer before they start to show delam, but they degrade and fail really fast with minimal delam vs the older gen screens would delam like a full inch all the way around the screen before the functions would start failing.  That is just my small sample size of owning a 2014 lsv and 2015 lsv.  Perhaps others have a different opinion. Either way be glad you’re still under warranty bc you just saved yourself $3500 and will be lucky enough to take a fresh screen into your non-warranty ownership years.

Edited by PNWoke
On 6/20/2023 at 12:17 PM, PNWoke said:

In my experience the newer screens last longer before they start to show delam,

YRMV! I had the warranty replace my main screen on my 2019 @ 320 hours. Started with one bubble on the top left, then another on the left perimeter, then more across the upper perimeter. When I called the shop, the parts guy said, “he had plenty on the shelf” so it’s not an if, but when it sounds like. So far another 300 hours in and no issues. D3C410C4-C9D3-4984-96FD-C9F8378B2586.thumb.jpeg.68df7b2ae60cb3e8b0e182bf621b28c2.jpeg