Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop selection

WadeyBunch

New Malibu owner.   2017 VXT 6.2L.  Took it out first time yesterday with 4 adults and a couple Littles.   Noticed hard time planing out and once it did it was a rocket ship wanting to run almost 50mph.  No loq end torque.  After we got home I checked prop and it was the 381.  Specs tell me it's all speed.  Not sure why you'd want this prop on a boat made for wakesurfing.  Going on the Acme site specs show 1235 standard but the 2419 for the weight and wave we will be hoping for.  Any insight would be awesome.

I did in my 2016 23LSV.  It may be apples and oranges if he is running a VTX?  I think the 23 may have had a different tranny ratio that year, but I have slept since then   

FWIW, I ran the 2277 prop on mine.  

Here is a good thread, as I also use the google search trick!

FWIW i have 6.0L and 1.5 trans on my 23lsv.  I like the 2419 alot for wake boarding and especially for surfing.  It does bring the comfortable cruising speed down to 25-30mph with 34mph being WOT top speed.  So, if you don't have a long way to go to get to your surf/wake areas and you plan to roll with max ballast and passengers than the 2419 is hard to beat.  however if you have to cruise a ways to get to your normal spots, a 2315 might be the better choice depending on your transmission set up of course.  With the 2419 you will throw a noticeably bigger surf wave/wake lip and your surf rpms will be lower, saving a little gas money during the sessions.  You will have no problem with torque.  I can have 50-60% of ballasts still full and easily get on to plane after a surf session.  Heard alot of great things about the 2277 as well but I have never used one to my knowledge.  The 2315 is almost as a aggressive as the 2419, but gives you a little higher top end speed (about 3-4 mph) at the cost of 5-10% smaller wave - noticeable to me but not to most the crew I ride with.