Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 21' VLX Wave

martfowler

I just bought a 21' Vlx.  i have the factory system along with the plug and plays in the back.  I wanted to see what people used for surf setting.  I need more seat time but while trying to surf this weekend the wave looked really good but i just couldn't surf it well without rope.  I am coming out of a 2009 Moomba with a ghetto gate that i surfed really well.  The vlx just didn't see to have the push.  What are folks doing with the power wedge, i think thats my issue. thanks

NorCalSurfer

I have the new 21 LX. I have 50 lbs lead in starboard helm, 50 lbs bow center (in battery area), 50 lbs bow port, and 100 lbs port observer. My bow is all factory ballast, there is zero bow storage. I have 550 lbs Pnp in both rear compartments. I do 11 mph, all ballast full but maybe 10-25% on starboard rear pnp ballast. I do wedge at 3-4. 

9 hours ago, martfowler said:

I just bought a 21' Vlx.  i have the factory system along with the plug and plays in the back.  I wanted to see what people used for surf setting.  I need more seat time but while trying to surf this weekend the wave looked really good but i just couldn't surf it well without rope.  I am coming out of a 2009 Moomba with a ghetto gate that i surfed really well.  The vlx just didn't see to have the push.  What are folks doing with the power wedge, i think thats my issue. thanks

We had this model and didn't have any issues surfing.  Filled everything up and a click or two on the wedge and off we went.  What are your current settings?

IMG_0768.JPG

• 2 months later...

Thanks got this figured out now.  takes some time when you don't have much experience with a specific boat.  I now fill all the  bags and one down on the wedge at 10.8.  I have a few 50lb lead bags i throw in the very front bow.

• Like 1