Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Wake Surf Board for Big Fellas.

PopsA22

Looking for wake surf board for 240 lb fella.  Any suggestions for budget friendly durable surf board would be appreciated.  Beginner level.  

OtherBoatisaCessna

@PopsA22 I’m in that weight zone and found a Brigade Surf Couch used locally.  It’s a pretty major improvement and while I don’t think it’s the best option, it was cheap , local, and easy.  The other ones that were recommended when I was really looking into this were Doomswell Nubster, Phase 5 Trident (I would have liked to try this one), custom Soulcraft, and a few others that aren’t coming to mind but I will post them if I remember.  

Edited by OtherBoatisaCessna

Lib tech manatee can handle to 300 lbs I think . It’s really fun board that I forget to bring but it really helps anybody tall or heavy learn to surf 

• 2 months later...
HollywoodBall

I’m 6’ 250lbs and started out on a 4’10” Connelly Katana in my friend’s learner board cache. Friend in same group had a 4’8” Doomswell Nubstep that I liked a lot so I bought the 5’ version for my size. It was a really good board but I advanced past it this summer and found it too hard to turn aggressively. Finally landed on a 4’8” Doomswell Falcon and that board seems to be “the one” for me.

Doomswell always has some good end of season sales. I snagged the Falcon out of their Garage Sale section as a leftover 2022 board.

And finally, I also got to surf a 4’10” Soulcraft Voodoo RPM on a boat demo a couple weeks ago. Great board, very maneuverable, very fast, but $$$.

Edited by HollywoodBall

I got a falcon this season also! GREAT BOARD! Really helped with my progression this year. With just two fins it’s pretty loose. But, with four fins it’s stable enough. It’s definitely not a cruiser board. 

I just started riding a Liquid Force Primo 5'3" this year. Great board, and I like that it is a hybrid that can be both a surf or a skim board depending on which fins you want to run.

Ronix- Koal Classic Longboard in 5'4" might be worth a look as well.  I have one that is a few years old. In my opinion it is a very responsive yet easy going board.  Might be worth a look.  

HollywoodBall
21 hours ago, teamerickson said:

I got a falcon this season also! GREAT BOARD! Really helped with my progression this year. With just two fins it’s pretty loose. But, with four fins it’s stable enough. It’s definitely not a cruiser board. 

I went four fins as well after my first ride on it. I think I only used it like that for two days though then I popped the 2nd smaller set off after I was comfortable. 

if you’ve gotten comfortable on four fins I’d recommend the same. 

• Like 1