Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Boat Changes

Mazeing5

I have a 2009 23 LSV and I keep waiting year after year for the soaring boat prices to go down, but they never do. When I look at the new 23 LSV it doesn't look like the bow, or the gunnels have gotten any taller like the other boat manufactures have. I currently weight my boat with 1000-pound piggyback sacs in back and I have 200 pounds of lead in the front. I keep everything full while boarding or surfing. I have the surf assist tabs installed and I must trim them both down at the same time to get the boat with a Hammerhead 383 motor to get on plane in a reasonable amount of time.  With this configuration unless I have an experienced driver then I risk having the boat submarine because the bow is so low on these old boats.

Are the newer LSVs or MXZs deeper than the old boats? If so, what years did they change when I am looking at the used market. Looking online it doesn't look like the boats have changed that much other than the touch screens, foam floor,  pop-up seats and of course the price. Has the performance of the stock wake changed? I really would hate to drop 100K or more and have the same submarine issue or the engine power issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, jwl019 said:

Yes the newer models are taller and a lot less prone to taking water over the bow when driven correctly. 

Here's a pic of my old 2010 VLX next to my old 2018 23 LSV.

20181026_121038.jpg

Great comparison! And they have only been made bigger and deeper since 2018 too. Best advice I can give you @Mazeing5 is to go demo a new one at your local dealer. You’ll be amazed at how much bigger a new 23 lsv is to your 09. Also, you don’t need all of that extra weight in these new boats like you did in the pre & original surfgate boats!

And the trend continues with the 2024 23LSV adding another 500lbs of hull weight taking it to 5700lbs  and and on that basis I presume the new model M242 will probably touch 8000lbs

• Like 3

Thanks for that side by side comparison jwl019. That is truly helpful. That is why I love this site! I get instant answers.

Is the MXZ series better with bow weight due to the wider pickle fork nose?

1 hour ago, Tanglin said:

And the trend continues with the 2024 23LSV adding another 500lbs of hull weight taking it to 5700lbs  and and on that basis I presume the new model M242 will probably touch 8000lbs

where did you get the info on the weight?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tanglin said:

I hope they get more freeboard in the 23LSV.  Although when looking back on the 23LSV vs previous years, it is bigger, roomier and has WAY more bells and whistles. However, it is much smaller, and the rough water ride doesn't compare to other 23' in its class.  I believe Malibu and Mastercraft seem themselves as close competitors.  MC has done a very nice job with the refreshed XT line up.  I would expect Malibu to follow accordingly.  

@ahopkins22LSVis correct in you don't need all the extra lead and bags.  I don't roll anything but people, gas, gear and coolers in the boat.  Surfs plenty good enough for us.  We wish it 'boated better.'

On 6/14/2023 at 6:36 AM, Tanglin said:

M242?  Is there a new model 2" longer than the prior generation M?

I haven't heard a peep on anything new besides a quick pic that has been taken down of the new 23 LSV.  Looks like the 26' boats on the exterior pattern.  Couple weeks to find out I guess.....Usually there's a teaser out by now isn't there?

12 hours ago, Sixer said:

I haven't heard a peep on anything new besides a quick pic that has been taken down of the new 23 LSV.  Looks like the 26' boats on the exterior pattern.  Couple weeks to find out I guess.....Usually there's a teaser out by now isn't there?

Yea, it seems when you Google '24 23 LSV you get a few pics.  

Anyone know, does it have the rear seats and step down pad like the 26?  Looks like it may have the rear seats.

Edited by Five Cent Worth

To the OP, if you go used, 2014 is the first year the 23LSV changed and started getting deeper.  Subsequent years had all kinds of surfgate, screen, engine updates, but that was the first hull change that started the run of deeper and bigger.  

4 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Yea, it seems when you Google '24 23 LSV you get a few pics.  

Anyone know, does it have the rear seats and step down pad like the 26?  Looks like it may have the rear seats.

Postem OIDH

• 4 weeks later...

Saw the new GX10 (i think they said it was) tower this past weekend on a 25 lsv. Its very solid, not sure exactly whats different from the prior GX tower though, i don't have any useful experience with the prior one.

What do you want to know about it?

I am just curious.  Visually it may turn forward at a sharper angle but really looks very close to the previous generation.  So I am just curious what is all new?  

image.png

To me it seemed a bit taller, and the bases on the gunnels seemed enormous. Aside from much less sway side to side, i honestly didn't notice anything else glaringly diffrrent. But i didn't hit my head on the rev 10's as much as i do in our 2019.

Zero rattle from the new tower though, which was nice. 

No "gamechanger" as far as i could see though 

Edited by asnowman
I can't spell

Sorry i didn't get a chance to play with the tower, since it was an "experience" event. I see in the video its a power fold tower.... didn't try that. 

New 23LSV and 23MXZ details posted on the malibuboats website

They also show the new G10+ tower. the only thing I think is different is a slight bend in the tubing. I am sure there are other things, I just dont know the current G10 that well

Edited by NewMalibu

I had a GX and agree, the only thing notable seems to be a slightly different bend.  Raise and lower time it says is 9 seconds.  I never timed my tower - maybe it is faster now?  

MaxPivot seat is new, I think?

3 minutes ago, COOP said:

9 sec to lower or raise?

That quite a bit faster. Like, a lot faster. 

Just never run stern turn and the tower at the same time as you may need grid power.  😂