Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water hoses swelling after impeller

Motor fires up fine,idles great, temp around 165 - 180. Then under full power hoses swell and the main hose right after impellar blows off the pipe.

2004 sun setter LXI 240 monsoon 830 hours

ahopkins22LSV

I would check the transmission cooler strainer for blockages. Seems as if there is a water flow restriction there. It should be what the hose that is blowing off mounts to after the impeller.

Also, depending on how old those hoses are, might be time to replace them.

Was this boat ever run in Salt water?

I had the same thing happen on my Off shore boat ( Hydra sport with a Volvo IO )

I kept blowing hoses, it turned out to be the Exhaust manifolds were blocked by salt corrosion. 

this was the main hose from the pick up pump to the circulating pump. It was OK till you opened it up.

After that the manifold got inspected every year. 

Not saying this is your issue but something to consider.

Edited by Rack