Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Spotify wont play complete song

Scotty9

Hey team,

I have Spotify installed on my MY23 22lsv and when I play downloaded songs it won’t play the complete song, probably plays not even half then skips to the next one.  Have tried logging out and in again but no success.

Works all good if I Bluetooth from phone but I want to be able to play direct from boat as it should be able to. 
Any help appreciated, cheers,

Chris 

NorCalSurfer

Mine did this for the first time over the weekend. I switched playlists and it was fine. Not sure, my boat/stereo seemed pretty glitchy.

Mine will randomly say stereo turning off but will keep playing. Hopefully there’s an update. 

There was a Viper update released in April for the 2023 Malibu Wakesetter to version “ML2023_20230302_001_059”.   It includes some stereo updates, but I don't know for certain if it will solve your issues.

ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, csleaver said:

There was a Viper update released in April for the 2023 Malibu Wakesetter to version “ML2023_20230302_001_059”.   It includes some stereo updates, but I don't know for certain if it will solve your issues.

Is this only for 2023+ model years? I’m taking ours in today for a few other things but want to make sure they update the software as well. 

That bulletin is just for MY2023, but there was a bulletin in September for MY2022 updates to mainly correct surf gate faults.  The 2022 Wakesetter software is “ML2022_20220919_001_057”.  I've had to use a USB drive on a couple boats when the OTA showed no updates available.

I did the update last weekend and it made the issue worse. On the two outings after updating the software and apps, the process over the course of 10m was: The Amazon music was only playing the first 30s of each song, then the android app portion of the screen became non-responsive and wouldn’t let me change to offline music mode or switch apps but still let me change stereo settings, then the main screen switched itself to center instead of surf right, then the main screen stopped responding, then the start/stop button wouldn’t let me shut down the boat but the power button still worked and shut it down. I then cycled the main battery switch and everything functioned as normal for the remainder of the outing.

My last outing yesterday all of those items worked normally. 

I also continue to have an issue that my front tank wont fill unless I hit fill, wait at least 30s, stop it, select to drain it, wait a few seconds, then reselect to fill it. It is a pain because it doesn’t let me use the presets. If I stop the fill process for one tank after selecting a preset, it throws the whole system out of whack and things will become randomly non-responsive and will start changing settings on its own requiring a main battery switch cycle to clear. 

1/3 of the time our small screen won’t come on with the boat or comes on either as lines or even upside down. 22 hours with this new 2023 and it has been constant glitches. Having familiarity with the system has let me get through them all without being stranded but definitely a trying process. The input leads fell off the #4 coil at 12 hours which required me to hang upside down in the engine compartment while in the middle of the lake with a boat full of people. 

I love that they let you see the engine alarm description as that let me diagnose the problem quickly. Our last Malibu also had glitches for the first season and then behaved normally for the next few seasons. I figured that they would have been able to resolve a lot of these bugs since the system is in its eighth year with only one real os/hardware change. 

Edited by BLSousa
9 hours ago, ahopkins22LSV said:

Is this only for 2023+ model years? I’m taking ours in today for a few other things but want to make sure they update the software as well. 

Thanks, mine is a 2023 model and does not have that software version you have quoted, think mine is 052.  My dealer has logged my issue with Malibu Australia so hopefully they can get an update to sort it out as it’s a bit frustrating. 

3 hours ago, BLSousa said:

I did the update last weekend and it made the issue worse. On the two outings after updating the software and apps, the process over the course of 10m was: The Amazon music was only playing the first 30s of each song, then the android app portion of the screen became non-responsive and wouldn’t let me change to offline music mode or switch apps but still let me change stereo settings, then the main screen switched itself to center instead of surf right, then the main screen stopped responding, then the start/stop button wouldn’t let me shut down the boat but the power button still worked and shut it down. I then cycled the main battery switch and everything functioned as normal for the remainder of the outing.

My last outing yesterday all of those items worked normally. 

I also continue to have an issue that my front tank wont fill unless I hit fill, wait at least 30s, stop it, select to drain it, wait a few seconds, then reselect to fill it. It is a pain because it doesn’t let me use the presets. If I stop the fill process for one tank after selecting a preset, it throws the whole system out of whack and things will become randomly non-responsive and will start changing settings on its own requiring a main battery switch cycle to clear. 

1/3 of the time our small screen won’t come on with the boat or comes on either as lines or even upside down. 22 hours with this new 2023 and it has been constant glitches. Having familiarity with the system has let me get through them all without being stranded but definitely a trying process. The input leads fell off the #4 coil at 12 hours which required me to hang upside down in the engine compartment while in the middle of the lake with a boat full of people. 

I love that they let you see the engine alarm description as that let me diagnose the problem quickly. Our last Malibu also had glitches for the first season and then behaved normally for the next few seasons. I figured that they would have been able to resolve a lot of these bugs since the system is in its eighth year with only one real os/hardware change. 

Wow it sounds like you have had your fair share of problems!  Mine is only a minor compared 😳

This just started for me too on Spotify.  2022 M220.  It plays like 30 seconds of a song, then skips to the next.  It happens on downloaded music and when streaming.

Amazon music barely works at all.  

I have tried to update the android little screen and it just kills itself with an error. 

16 hours ago, markdental said:

This just started for me too on Spotify.  2022 M220.  It plays like 30 seconds of a song, then skips to the next.  It happens on downloaded music and when streaming.

Amazon music barely works at all.  

I have tried to update the android little screen and it just kills itself with an error. 

Yeah, it’s a bit frustrating!  Just want a new boat to work as it should, got a lot invested in it! 

Spotify has been flawless for me until a few days ago.  No updates but songs (downloaded) auto skip to next song between 10-40 seconds in.   Have tried re downloading songs as well as re-installing Spotify but doesn’t help.  ;(

2022 23 LSV

Edited by Tball99
NorCalSurfer
On 6/11/2023 at 9:05 PM, csleaver said:

I have this version and it continued to happen yesterday. I switched over to my phone. The volume continues to adjust on it own and the stereo will randomly saying power off but still play music. I’m goin to email Malibu and point them to this thread. 

NorCalSurfer
8 hours ago, csleaver said:

Do you have a Malibu dealer in your area who can look at it.  If you do, take a video of the issue and send it to them.

Based on this thread it seems to be the latest software update has problems. We all seem to have the same problems. 

NorCalSurfer

I have connected with Malibu and they aren’t aware of this issue. They are asking for a video. Does anyone have a video of this issue? I won’t be on my boat again for over a week. Let me know and we can get this submitted to them. 

NorCalSurfer

I didn’t happen until the update. I played my music on my phone with no skipping music, however, auto volume was going haywire and the stereo was still “turning off”. There are some glitches for sure. 

Same skipping problem for me.  It skips most songs between 43 and 48 seconds in.  Some songs will play all the way, but many/most will skip.  We've tried everything, remove Spotify, re-download, update spotify, and @csleaver's link.  Still won't work.  Same problem if I use my phone via the usb.  I haven't noticed the volume issue.  

I have this problem with my 2022.  Interestingly it’s not SKIPPING that is actually occurring.  You make it 20-40 seconds because there’s literally no content after that.  I found this out by trying to go to the middle of a song and realize that if i skipped at :29 it’s because at :30 there’s literally nothing to play.  I suspect this is a Spotify software or android bug more than a Malibu based on this observation.

25 minutes ago, ooklay said:

I have this problem with my 2022.  Interestingly it’s not SKIPPING that is actually occurring.  You make it 20-40 seconds because there’s literally no content after that.  I found this out by trying to go to the middle of a song and realize that if i skipped at :29 it’s because at :30 there’s literally nothing to play.  I suspect this is a Spotify software or android bug more than a Malibu based on this observation.

Semantics I guess, when I said skipping I meant that it "skips" the rest of the song.  I agree that you can't access any part of the song after the 45ish second mark. 

This doesn't happen on any other device/OS that I use Spotify on.  Only on Malibu's OS.  

On 6/29/2023 at 10:00 AM, ooklay said:

I’ve had the same problem with Amazon Music. Only thing I can get to play completely is Bluetooth. 

NorCalSurfer

Here’s a video of two songs skipping. It didn’t matter whether I was on Wifi or offline. I tried removing the songs and redownloading and no change. I’ll send to Malibu and see what they say.