Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Aftermarket Boat Warranty

Gino834

Does anyone have an aftermarket boat warranty that they would recommend? This warranty would be for a 2016 Malibu 25 LSV 

We just purchased a 2016 25 LSV as well. Just finally got mine out on the water after putting in a bit of ‘driveway elbow grease’, and we couldn’t be happier.  It’s a fantastic boat and you won’t regret the size. We also thought we were prepared for the wake this thing will make but just last weekend my lady was out on the surf board and actually said, “That wave is pretty intimidating!”

Anyway, when I purchased the boat I bought a 3 year warranty through Protective Asset Protection.  They have a few choices in what you want to cover. I know when I bought mine they offered a ‘boat/engine package’ and a ‘ski package’. The basic package actually covers quite a bit but doesn’t cover things like ballast tanks, tower, ballast pumps, surf gate, wedge, etc. The ‘ski package’ does. As you can imagine, it’s more expensive. I worked through the numbers and made a personal determination that the cost of repairing/replacing the ‘ski’ parts didn’t justify the additional cost of the ‘ski package’. However, that calculus may be different for different people, so I’m not necessarily suggesting you do what I did. The other part is that each package type has different levels of deductible choices. Much the same as comprehensive insurance works, if you want a $500 deductible it’s going to cost less than a $100 deductible.  Those are actually the deductible levels I was offered by Protective. So, in the end I chose the ‘boat package’ with a $100 deductible. I believe that package was a fair amount under $3,000.  But as with all things, shopping around for quotes is definitely smart. I wish I could tell you if the company is easy to work with but unfortunately (or fortunately), I haven’t had a claim yet. 

Good luck. 

• 4 weeks later...

Update…..

I just had a throttle issue (intermittent neutral lockout issue) and the Malibu shop I use said my warranty company was super easy to work with and paid the very same day)

Protective Asset Protection is the name of the warranty company. 

The warranty has now already seen a nearly 50% return on investment as the throttle assembly was about $1,600 installed.  And I still have 2 years and 9 months left to make up the rest.  For us, I feel it was a good investment, though only time will prove that.  

1 hour ago, Hamboats said:

Update…..

I just had a throttle issue (intermittent neutral lockout issue) and the Malibu shop I use said my warranty company was super easy to work with and paid the very same day)

Protective Asset Protection is the name of the warranty company. 

The warranty has now already seen a nearly 50% return on investment as the throttle assembly was about $1,600 installed.  And I still have 2 years and 9 months left to make up the rest.  For us, I feel it was a good investment, though only time will prove that.  

Did you have to call PAP to get your plan setup? Their website is terrible...

On 7/5/2023 at 9:04 AM, RCR47 said:

Did you have to call PAP to get your plan setup? Their website is terrible...

Actually, the dealership I bought my (consigned) boat through did all of that. 

I have called the PAP folks though and they have been quite responsive. 

I’m not certain how to go about purchasing it if not through a dealer. I also don’t know if it’ll be well priced. Shoot me a PM when you get a quote and I’ll tell you if it’s close to what I got (not that I got a screaming deal, just good to compare, right?)

Heres the number I used:

800-950-6060