Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why do people do this? SNAPS!

UWSkier

There's a beautiful 2002 Sunsetter LXi for sale on SIA right now, with only 215 hours.  The boat is almost completely pristine, except...

sia66867img0_1684897471.jpg

SNAPS!?!  I'm pretty sure it violates the Geneva Convention putting those hideous snaps on such a gorgeous piece of machinery.  I'm sure a decent gel guy could make that right for a few hundred bucks... but... why?  Painful...

christmas-vacation-cop.gif

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, stang233 said:

I do wonder Is the boat so pristine because of the snaps and easy use of a cover?

there's no oxidation on this thing that I can see from the other pics.  It looks like a garage queen to me, or there'd be obvious oxidation on the blue where the cover ended.

And snap covers stink to put on and take off compared to normal covers ;)

8 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

there's no oxidation on this thing that I can see from the other pics.  It looks like a garage queen to me, or there'd be obvious oxidation on the blue where the cover ended.

And snap covers stink to put on and take off compared to normal covers ;)

This all depends on your situation I guess.  My parents had a SeaRay 240 Sundeck and now have a Chaparral 246 SSI.  Both live on a lift year round and are mainly used on the weekends (and long weekends or week long vacations) for 6 months a year.  They both have snap covers for the bow and cockpit.  We always utilize the snap cover when we are there and covering for the night.  Keeps the interior cleaner overnight from the bugs and spiders.  Super fast and easy to throw on, just part of the evening routine.  Both boats have a full mooring cover that gets put on for the week to help keep them clean and sun off the gel.   

However, the placement of the snaps on the Malibu are awful.   

3 minutes ago, blk93jeepzj said:

This all depends on your situation I guess.  My parents had a SeaRay 240 Sundeck and now have a Chaparral 246 SSI.  Both live on a lift year round and are mainly used on the weekends (and long weekends or week long vacations) for 6 months a year.  They both have snap covers for the bow and cockpit.  We always utilize the snap cover when we are there and covering for the night.  Keeps the interior cleaner overnight from the bugs and spiders.  Super fast and easy to throw on, just part of the evening routine.  Both boats have a full mooring cover that gets put on for the week to help keep them clean and sun off the gel.   

However, the placement of snaps on any Malibu are awful.   

Fixed it for you.  :)