Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Getting out of slip suggestions

Delpiero

I just got a 24 MXZ this year coming from a 22 MXZ and I am having a little issue getting out of my lift.

I have to give it a bit of throttle in reverse in order to get out but when I do the boat tends to move left on port side.

I have to get off and push the boat to make it straight about 5 or 6 times... or having someone else push off with their feet also helps.

the covered slip has a metal frame across underneath the lift tanks so we cannot make the lift sink deeper.. and the lift brackets are very low almost hitting the prop about 1in clearance..

any suggestions here?

26 minutes ago, Delpiero said:

I just got a 24 MXZ this year coming from a 22 MXZ and I am having a little issue getting out of my lift.

I have to give it a bit of throttle in reverse in order to get out but when I do the boat tends to move left on port side.

I have to get off and push the boat to make it straight about 5 or 6 times... or having someone else push off with their feet also helps.

the covered slip has a metal frame across underneath the lift tanks so we cannot make the lift sink deeper.. and the lift brackets are very low almost hitting the prop about 1in clearance..

any suggestions here?

Can you remove this brace and add some metal to it so that the lift can sink deeper?  I had a brace at the back of my slip that the lift would hit when lowered, I removed it and added 2 feet of angle iron and bolted it back in place.  

surfersrule
On 6/1/2023 at 11:30 AM, Delpiero said:

any suggestions here?

Is is the metal angle iron that connects the pontoons/hoist structure or metal that goes between the dock piers?  I will be taking my m220 to our hydro hoist in about a week.  The hoist folks supposedly adjusted the hoist to fit the M220.  Did your hoist maintenance folks adjust the pads for the new boat.  Can they elevate the pads in anyway?  I had a Sanger v215 on our hoist before.  The Sanger draft was 26 inches.  I am hoping the hoist folks accounted for the M220 32 inch draft, which is the same as your boat.  I can’t imagine.  There have to be a ton of boats in your marina and in mine that draw 32 inches.  Let us know when you get this figured out.

Similar lift here

Had to raise bunk to protect rudder & prop, then had lift installer use 2nd from lowest mounting holes on dock mounts.  

This is how it looks like.. that bottom frame underneath the tank is part of the dock framing.

I'm not going to remove that and something collapsing and its also about 2 or 3ft deep so not sure..

when I lower the lift the three tanks hit that frame bar and it doesn't go any lower so while putting the boat on top I have to also go full throttle and to back out its such a pain

spacer.png