Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Low Voltage

DBPEteacher

New member here.  I just bought a '95 malibu sunsetter with a new engine, battery and tune up from a guy that worked at mastercraft and he said they checked everything out before selling it to me.  I took it out one time and it died the first time out.  It started back up about 10 minutes later.  A few days later I go to take the boat out and I turn the blower on and I don't hear it (works, but doesn't seem to have the power as I remember)  I try starting the boat and it doesn't even crank.  There is no kill switch, throttle was in neutral, and it shows only getting ~8 volts on the dash, while the battery reads fully charged.  I tried the stereo and it turned on for a few seconds and then cut in and out.  the horn didn't work, nav lights didn't work.  I am guessing it is some type of wiring issue but I am not exactly sure what it could be.  I don't see any disconnected wires and the wires to the battery terminal are clean.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.