Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakemakers Support

REHinH20

I've been trying to get in contact with Wakemakers, and am wondering if they are still open?  Yesterday I left voicemails on the toll free number, but still haven't heard anything.  Today the message just says to book an appointment online to reserve a space with an adviser.  I'm still waiting on the ballast bag I ordered back in Mid-April, that should have been in the rest I received April 17th.  I'm about to spend a week at the lake, and need that bag this week, or I have to take all the rest of the kit off, as I already installed it not dreaming it would be June before I received the bag!

Anyone know something I don't???

https://www.wakemakers.com/pages/wakeboard-ballast

INVENTORY UPDATE: Dear valued customers, our team at WakeMAKERS hit a perfect storm and regret to inform you that our ballast bag production is backed up right now. Ballast bags with a basic shape have a lead time of 3-4 weeks; complicated bags are approximately 6-8 weeks out. We know you're eager to get out on the water and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. Please bear with us while we work to catch up.

I am guessing they are just swamped.

How big a bag you looking for?  I might have a spare fatsac around.  Maybe someone more local might as well.  I probably wouldn't be able to get to mine until the weekend.

I'm pretty sure 800 is what I have in the other locker, but then I've got to worry about the fitting sizes etc.  REALLY appreciate the offer!  Crew is great...looks like I'm probably just pulling the kit off, so I can use the factory tank!!!  Frustrated for sure!

Wakemakers customer service is the worst.  I've gone through what you are going through with no contacts.  Communicated every possible way with no response.  My issue is unrelated to bags.  I'm sure they will probably say it's a covid 19 thing.  LOL.  

Just to update, I used the website to schedule a call this morning www.wakemakers.com/schedule.  Just got off the phone and Jason did a great job of customer service!!  They are overnighting me a bag that will work for my needs, and even though it's not the bag custom fit to my locker, it will work with the installed kit.  He even discounted where I'm getting money back.

I discussed the issues, and they are in the same "boat" as many of us are also, trying to hire enough workers for a seasonal job is beyond difficult.  They are aggressively trying to hire people, and recognize that they can't have customers leaving messages in so much volume they can't get back to them.  This is why they are temporarily going to this scheduling system.  It's not a long-term solution, but it's the best way they can handle all of our calls and try to keep us happy.

Please keep in mind this is not a large national conglomerate, they are a small company trying to make it in a labor market that no one is please with.  They genuinely want to have customers that will keep coming back.

• Like 1