Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bow Rail Loose

webbdawg99

Hello all.  I'm a new Malibu owner and am trying to fix some of the minor things on my used 2006 23 LSV.

Does anyone have any insight on how to tighten the bow rail?  Specifically, the aft most screw and nut?

I'm assuming the corner seat cushions in the open bow need to be removed.  Any do's / don'ts on how to do this?  Im afraid of damaging something as removing that corner cushion doesn't seem to be an obvious or easy task.

Thanks!

Been awhile since I took mine off.  IIRC you can reach up above the cupholders and get to the nuts that way and tighten with a socket and ratchet.  I believe that a deep well socket works better.  No need to remove the cushions.   

webbdawg99
27 minutes ago, blk93jeepzj said:

Been awhile since I took mine off.  IIRC you can reach up above the cupholders and get to the nuts that way and tighten with a socket and ratchet.  I believe that a deep well socket works better.  No need to remove the cushions.   

If I understand what you're saying, you mean reach up from the bow, above the opening for the cupholders, towards the rear of the bow rail?  If so, I've tried and my arms definitely aren't long enough to reach.

3 minutes ago, webbdawg99 said:

If I understand what you're saying, you mean reach up from the bow, above the opening for the cupholders, towards the rear of the bow rail?  If so, I've tried and my arms definitely aren't long enough to reach.

Like I said it has been awhile.   Upon looking at photos, I think you can access those nuts from under the dash possibly.  Probably have to remove the kick plate and probably the sub (if you have one under there). If you lay on your back and slide up past the drivers seat, then you can look up into the gunnel and should be able to access from there.  

I don't believe that you can access that nut through the bow speaker hole if you remove it.    

I believe from looking at mine (haven't actually taken them out, but was considering ordering new skins, so was looking at how hard they would be to remove), part of the corner cushion is mounted under the helm.  If you have a sub, you'll need to get behind it, but it should give you access to the cushion mounts that you can't reach from the front.

webbdawg99

Ah!  So it sounds like either way, the sub may have to come out first. I’ll give it a try next weekend. Thanks for the input!