Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Reverse arch tower options?

Mb911

We are looking to buy a tower for our 06 LSV that for some reason did not come with one from the factory. We would like something that looks similar to an illusion tower. Illusion towers seem mostly unobtainable so looking for options. Anyone have any pictures and or links for something that would work for us?

Metcraft, who made the Illusion, went out of business years ago.  It also isn't a great tower.

There are really only a couple of quality 2-point aftermarket towers.  

Samson Blade - really nice towers, but about a 1 year backorder and the price online doesn't include freight, which is VERY high from them:  https://samsonsports.com/wakeboard-towers/blade-wakeboard-towers/

Roswell Aviator Pro:  https://www.wakemakers.com/products/roswell-aviator-pro-wake-tower?variant=41390180237477

I have the Aviator Pro.  Extras add up quick on it.  Pretty much have to go with the tower risers.  The bimini is pricey and I freaking hate it.  The tower is super solid.  The speaker mount location they want is a great place to hit your head, so I relocated to a much better spot.  You also need the swivel adapters for your tower racks...I was able to modify my old racks to work with the adapters, but they cost me another $500.  Then I had to get swivel mounts for my REV10s so they would position properly, so about another $500 there.  Wakemakers + their discount code is the best place to buy most of it, as they also don't charge sales tax, but all in I was over 7k for the tower and all accessories last year.  I couldn't wait the year for Samson, otherwise I would have went that route - not because of the money, as it ends up being similar, but because I like the design better. 

20220721-193649.jpg
20220803-114338.jpg

27 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

Metcraft, who made the Illusion, went out of business years ago.  It also isn't a great tower.

There are really only a couple of quality 2-point aftermarket towers.  

Samson Blade - really nice towers, but about a 1 year backorder and the price online doesn't include freight, which is VERY high from them:  https://samsonsports.com/wakeboard-towers/blade-wakeboard-towers/

Roswell Aviator Pro:  https://www.wakemakers.com/products/roswell-aviator-pro-wake-tower?variant=41390180237477

I have the Aviator Pro.  Extras add up quick on it.  Pretty much have to go with the tower risers.  The bimini is pricey and I freaking hate it.  The tower is super solid.  The speaker mount location they want is a great place to hit your head, so I relocated to a much better spot.  You also need the swivel adapters for your tower racks...I was able to modify my old racks to work with the adapters, but they cost me another $500.  Then I had to get swivel mounts for my REV10s so they would position properly, so about another $500 there.  Wakemakers + their discount code is the best place to buy most of it, as they also don't charge sales tax, but all in I was over 7k for the tower and all accessories last year.  I couldn't wait the year for Samson, otherwise I would have went that route - not because of the money, as it ends up being similar, but because I like the design better. 

20220721-193649.jpg
20220803-114338.jpg

How about the rosewell cam RT? That looks pretty nice. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Mb911 said:

How about the rosewell cam RT? That looks pretty nice. Thoughts?

It is almost the same price as the Aviator Pro, but has weird mounting feet and can't be setup to go as high as the Pro as it doesn't have a riser option.  Same as the regular Aviator - for the minimal price difference, why bother?  

1 hour ago, Nitrousbird said:

It is almost the same price as the Aviator Pro, but has weird mounting feet and can't be setup to go as high as the Pro as it doesn't have a riser option.  Same as the regular Aviator - for the minimal price difference, why bother?  

It does have more of the illusion look to it