Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone have a bad perfect pass display they have replaced?

Fffrank

I know it was a common problem. My unit went from limping to dead last summer and nothing I could do would bring it back.

The buttons work and it's fully functional but I couldnt get anything out of the display. I removed the LCD screen last fall with the goal to replace it but instead I misplaced it!

Hoping someone has a unit that they could either sell me or try to locate a part number on the LCD. I know it was multiple pieces and was laminated to the board..... I can see that mine had a ribbon cable and what appeared to be a 30 pin comnector.

Really hate that the only other option is to upgrade to stargazer. I'm on a river (and only surf) so GPS is actually a downgrade from what I have.

What year did you purchase the perfect pass? I know it doesn’t help you, but if it is from the 2000’s, the issue could be bad electrolytic capacitors. The issue sounds similar to the issues of the 2007 medallion cruise control displays. A fully functional device with no display. 

11 hours ago, RebesMalibu said:

What year did you purchase the perfect pass? I know it doesn’t help you, but if it is from the 2000’s, the issue could be bad electrolytic capacitors. The issue sounds similar to the issues of the 2007 medallion cruise control displays. A fully functional device with no display. 

It's in a 2004.  I'm not mad -- the unit is 20 years old.  But it was engineered without a heating element in the LCD (to dissipate any latent moisture/humidity) and the board wasn't conformal coated.  Those are things that aren't terribly hard to fix but I need a working LCD screen as a starting point to try and figure it out.

Bluefishcay

I have one from a 05 RLXi.   You can have it for shipping.  Tach is dead, but single line pp works and will include the module. 

upgraded to stargazer.  

3 hours ago, Bluefishcay said:

I have one from a 05 RLXi.   You can have it for shipping.  Tach is dead, but single line pp works and will include the module. 

upgraded to stargazer.  

Well that would probably work for my needs! I'll shoot you a pm tomorrow am. Thanks.