Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3 tower shocks

Any great places to buy price wise?  Bakes has them listed (but not in stock), not sure where else you would get them.  Was just reminded as I took the cover off the boat that I was planning on ordering replacements last winter.

Also recommended poundage? (150, 209, and 215 pound) Racks are never on it when folded, no tower speakers, but there is a bimini strapped to it.  I assume it has the light ones in it since the boat has never had speakers

Edited by oldjeep

Did you try looking it up by either 1) the model number printed on the side, or 2) the stroke, overall length, and force?

2 hours ago, oldjeep said:

I called the dealer up, they seemed to know what is in the boat and have them in stock.  Now just deciding if it is worth $500 to me to replace them.

But do yours have markings on them that we can look up?  Obviously they should be much cheaper....

12 minutes ago, justgary said:

But do yours have markings on them that we can look up?  Obviously they should be much cheaper....

You would have to remove them to see.  They sit entirely inside the tower leg

My 2010 had the factory 215 lb springs that died with in a year or two. I upgraded to the factory 275 lb versions and was quite shocked at the difference. With just 1 set of Rev-10s on the tower the 275s were almost dangerously fast to raise. They ultimately tamed down some, but still surprisingly fast. It was nice not having to hold the tower up one handed to screw in the knobs. 

Edited by wdr
Sp

When I got my 2012 in 2014 the tower used to raise itself partially with the stock 150s.  Used to Bungie it down to steering wheel so it wouldn't pop up coming in and out of garage.

Over the past couple years they seemed to die.  Pretty decent life considering they spent most of their time fully pressurized - tower down.

I'm good for now, got a very generous offer from a member.