Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Amp recommendation’s

Eddy

Currently have a wetsounds HTX2 powering 2 icon8. Purchased set of revo10 that going to mount next to icon 8s on tower. I do plan on getting sub as well not sure which one yet but definitely in the works. Any recommendations on what amp to get that can run the rev8s and revo10s or maybe one that can run rev10s and subwoofer. Any help would be appreciated 

Can you clarify if the 8" are dome tweeter coaxial or HLCD? If they are indeed the traditional dome tweeter coaxial, then I would remove them and their existing amp. They will not contribute very much compared to the new 10" HLCD going up. This makes your amp choice much simpler. 

10 hours ago, MLA said:

Can you clarify if the 8" are dome tweeter coaxial or HLCD? If they are indeed the traditional dome tweeter coaxial, then I would remove them and their existing amp. They will not contribute very much compared to the new 10" HLCD going up. This makes your amp choice much simpler. 

Yes the 8” are tweeter and cone. Would you not just leave them there since they are on their own amp anyways? I have room and wiring for 2 more amps anyways 

From an acoustical standpoint, Ive explained why, so lets come at it from a different direction.

The year and model boat are not known, but if your tower has the existing tower pods mounted the "shelf", your new, larger pods are not going to fit on the open side of the shelf. 

A single 4 chnl amp bridged to two chnls would serve a single pair of 10" HLCD. Something in the 400W rms x 2 @ 4 ohm range. Or a hybrid 6 chnl that might deliver the same wattage for the tower pods and 2 chnls to bridge a woofer on. However, this narrows your woofer choice, as you now have to pic a woofer for the amp, rather then pick an amp for the woofer. 

If you do decide to remove the existing 8" pods, you can repurpose their amp to a woofer.