Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Surf Gate Issue

Hello, I have just recently purchased a 2013 wakesetter lsv with surf gate.  The guy I purchased it from said he recently replace the touch screen unit.  I noticed the maliview screen was acting a little strange but the surfgates worked great when we demoed.  After getting it home I did a reset of the maliview back to factory settings and it fixed the issue with that screen, however the surfgates will no longer open.  Any suggestions?  Do I need to look at an update to the maliview screen since the touch screen was recently replaced?

Congrats on the new boat!

Do you have the surfgate buttons on the bottom of the touch screen?  If I recall correctly, they are an option to turn on or off, as not all boats that use that screen have surfgates..  If you have the button and they wont deploy, can you confirm that you are in the water and traveling above 7 mph?  You mentioned "getting it home."  They don't actuate on land and only deploy once you have reached 7 mph.

Yes it has the buttons on the touch screen and when I took it out last night and used the pre-set surf right the button turned yellow on the surf gate but the surf gate did not move.  Same thing on the surf left preset.  I also tried moving the buttons back and forth while surfing at 9 mph and no movement from the surf gates.

he was asking you to go in settings and see if the surfgate was enabled as you did a reset which could have disabled them

Edited by granddaddy55

Yes I did go into the settings on the maliview screen and made sure the surfgate was enabled.  I also recalibrated surfgate after reset.  Still got no response. Is there a reset on the touch screen?

No reset.

But those older systems had a fuse back by the transom,

Theres a control box on the inside of the transom. Follow the harness and about 3 feet back you should come to an inline fuse.

If an actuator for one side has gone bad and need to be replaced would that affect both side or should the opposite side still work?  The guy I bought it from said he just replaced the starboard side last year.  Port side has not been replaced.

• 2 months later...

Hi 13 Lsv

I have the same boat and just experienced the same thing yesterday. Have you identified the issue yet?  I am going to look for the fuses today. 
thanks!

• 9 months later...
Kurtzweg95
On 8/20/2023 at 9:07 AM, Mwehner32 said:

Hi 13 Lsv

I have the same boat and just experienced the same thing yesterday. Have you identified the issue yet?  I am going to look for the fuses today. 
thanks!

Hey Dude, I'm having this issue on my 14 MXZ - did you get it sorted out? 

• 3 weeks later...
Mwehner32

Kurtzweg95, sorry for not responding sooner.  Yes, I ended up replacing both actuators and have not had any issues with the surf gate this year.  I did have an actuator on the wedge malfunction, so I have it out of the water and I am waiting on 2 new actuators to replace.