Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

5.7 mercruiser in 88 skier

Looking for a service manual or any info that i can get regarding fluid changes and impeller replacement.  

BB0D53F0-902B-4E2A-A810-6BDD973892B4.jpeg

Edited by Rxbfk
Think I was wrong about the #

Attached are some pictures of the manual for our '87 Sunsetter.

Mercruiser issued a service manual for these engines. I believe the manual is number 24. But may be mistaken. 

20230517_200753.jpg

20230517_200848.jpg

20230517_200908.jpg

20230517_201028.jpg

20230517_201119.jpg

Edited by Murphys
Added text

Wow,  This vintage boat it's pristine.

Your engine looks similar to my 1992 Sunsetter 5.7L Mercruiser Magnum.

The specs should be the same for both 5.7 L . 

I have a  manual like Murphys but its from 1992,  I don't think they changed alot in the first few years. 

By the way,I'm looking for a good home for my Sunsetter, someone like you who would take care of my Boat as I did.

Do You have any friends that might want a 1992 Sunsetter in the same condition?

Edited by Rack
10 hours ago, Rack said:

Wow, so this is your Boat. You posted awhile back. This vintage boat is pristine, and I thought I had OCD issues.

Your engine looks similar to my 1992  5.7L Mercruiser Magnum,  same water pump,hoses and exhaust manifolds

The specs should be the same for both 5.7 L . I don't think they changed alot in the first few years.

I'm looking for someone  Like you that would take care of my Boat as I did.

Do You have any friends that might want a 1992 Sunsetter in the same condition?

Its listed in the Classified Here on the forum.

I'd love to have your Sunsetter. Very nice.  However, my wife would kill me if I  acquired another boat.

• 10 months later...

Check the "Boat Specs" section on this site. Your boat spec probably has the engine manual link as part of it.