Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Emblem locations/procedure

2016 25 LSV

Anyone have the proper location or procedure (measurements, that is) for applying the “Wakesetter” and ‘Malibu” emblems on the side of the boat?

I’m sure I could ‘eyeball’ it, but I fear I’ll be off enough that it would really bug me. 

thanks!!!

Or….maybe is anyone that owns that generation 25 LSV willing to grab a couple measurements for me?

All I really need would be a measurement from the bottom of the rub rail to the bottom of the “W” in wakesetter, and a measurement from the bottom of the rub rail to the bottom of the “R” in wakesetter.  

Also, a measurement from the bottom left of the “W” to the bottom right of the “R”.

Since the bottom of the word ‘wakesetter’ is generally flat, I could then easily strike a line between the two and give myself a base by which I could set the letters. 

Appreciate any help!

• 2 months later...

No info from Malibu, unfortunately. I ended up using some real faint gel fading to line it up. But I also recognized that the emblem is leveled to the boat the way it sits in the water, not just level to ground on the trailer. After that, we just measured and matched the sides. We stressed over millimeters, but once it was done we laughed about it knowing that no one would ever care/notice if it was 3mm off. Know what I mean?

What year boat you doing?

Edited by Hamboats