Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New transmission under warranty

hsmalibu

This spring my marina took my 18 22MXZ out on the water and say I need a new transmission, it was doing odd things, had some oil problems with it where it likely ran almost empty etc.

It's all under warranty, but they're trying to find the part I'm told.   Are these from Malibu or Indmar?    It's the 6.2L Monsoon if that helps?     

I feel like I want to assist them in locating this as it's not 'urgent' to them, but it is to me and if I can find it and help I will.    Not sure where to begin.

1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Probably gonna need pictures to tell for sure which engine it is.

There was a Monsoon branded Indmar, PCM and Malibu Engine then.

Monsoon indmar I believe as the manuals are all Indmar along with the orange sticker on it.     Photo to go along with it.

spacer.png

Spoke to Indmar, that's the Raptor 440.    However I'm curious on the replacement cost for the transmission?   Anyone done one?   Indmar wouldn't give me the price, but curious how much this would have cost outside of warranty for parts and labour for a new transmission?

thanks,

Kevin.

Edited by hsmalibu
  • 2 weeks later...
OrondoWakeFoil
On 5/16/2023 at 9:48 AM, hsmalibu said:

Spoke to Indmar, that's the Raptor 440.    However I'm curious on the replacement cost for the transmission?   Anyone done one?   Indmar wouldn't give me the price, but curious how much this would have cost outside of warranty for parts and labour for a new transmission?

thanks,

Kevin.

I have had one done, but it was also covered under warranty so I don't know the cost.  Once they got the part, I want to say it was installed immediately that day, so I don't think the labor cost is significant.  However, this will also require you to go through the 10 hour break-in period again and then you have to do a transmission fluid change.  If you expect the dealership to do all that for you, they might charge something.  I did the 10 hours at varying speeds on Lake Coeur d'Alene looking at all the multi-million dollar houses and floating golf course green.  I also had to return to the dealership to fill the gas tank once.  Getting them to cover that under warranty was.... challenging.

Good luck!

Brian