Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T250 bow bag

Randalorian

15 minutes ago, Randalorian said:

My bow bag is not draining all the way. Any thoughts?

Not sure if this is the same deal or not...  I have had two Malibu boats that don't initially drain the front ballast.  When I'm getting off the lake I'll drain everything, and usually show 25% in the front.  I'll get the boat going around 11mph so the bow is raised on the way back to the dock, then turn the front pump back on to drain, always get a bunch more water out and the front will finally read 0%.  Now that I think of it, I usually turn all pumps back on and I'll get a bunch more water out of the whole ballast system.  Especially with plug & play bags in the rear.  I think you need to move the water around a bit and lift the boat up if that makes sense.  Sorry, many margs at dinner this evening.  May not be explaining this well...  

• Like 1

If the drain hoses are too long, or the bag drain fittings are too high, then the bow bag will not drain properly.  Water has to easily flow down the drain hoses from the bag to the drain pump in the center cockpit bilge area for the pump to push the water out of the boat.  The drain pump will not suck water out of the bag on its own because of the way it was designed.