Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 LSV Bluetooth/USB aux performance

Fritzman21

Fritzman21

Hello Malibu Crew!

I’m sure this has been talked about before. But, I do have to say that the user interface of 2019 Malibu media screen is so bad. Has anyone else noticed that when connected to Bluetooth, the music volume is so much quieter and less clear than when hardwired to the USB? Now it’s no big deal to have it plugged in, just annoying the phone has to stay in the glove box. I have thought about moving the USB connection to a different part of the boat. Has anyone completely installed a whole new head unit in conjunction with the stock unit/amps? For instance a JL Audio MediaMaster.

I know this was all fixed in 2020, is there any sort of reprogramming to upgrade the 2019? It’s very frustrating and feels like late 2000s BT technology. 

17 hours ago, Fritzman21 said:

when connected to Bluetooth, the music volume is so much quieter and less clear than when hardwired to the USB?

This is not isolated to to a 2019 Malibu, but rather industry wide, and for years. USB, CD and tuner are historically stronger signal v's BT and AUX. AUX, because that 3.5mm output was intended for small headphones and earbuds. Dont need a lot of juice. Blue tooth can be a combo of both the phone source and the receiver media unit. In my experience, I phones have had the weakest and lowest sound quality BT. Phone setting can also be an issue. I always suggest turning off any preset audio setting and setting any custom EQ settings to flat. This can greatly improve the sound quality. Some media units have the means to adjust the inputs sensitivity. This allows for a gain-balanced system. Regardless of what mode you are in, the output is the same. 

Fritzman21

Phone is all good, just wondered if there is a fox out there. It’s quite obvious. No way to upgrade the 2019 media head unit either?