Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

26 LVS Cooler options

xraydoc

I upgraded this year from a 25 LSV to a 26 LSV. The 25 LSV had a dedicated cooler spot that holds a standard white igloo cooler. On the 26 LSV there is a similar appearing spot right behind the driver seat, but the way it is positioned there's no way to get a cooler to fit down in the space. I wanted to see if anybody out there with a 26 LSV has come up with a good option for a cooler other than just shoving a soft sided cooler somewhere?

7C22ABCB-B6F9-475B-835A-7338783491C4_1_105_c.jpeg

034A4631-189C-476D-9A81-EF97C59A112B_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by xraydoc
Added photos
1 hour ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I'll go ahead and type it - jealous of your problem....  Love the 26....  :cheers:

It is a good kind of "problem" to have for sure :-)

I love it too.

17 hours ago, xraydoc said:

I upgraded this year from a 25 LSV to a 26 LSV. The 25 LSV had a dedicated cooler spot that holds a standard white igloo cooler. On the 26 LSV there is a similar appearing spot right behind the driver seat, but the way it is positioned there's no way to get a cooler to fit down in the space. I wanted to see if anybody out there with a 26 LSV has come up with a good option for a cooler other than just shoving a soft sided cooler somewhere?

you know tmc loves photos! i bet if you post them someone will chime in on your problem 

18 minutes ago, smuurph84 said:

you know tmc loves photos! i bet if you post them someone will chime in on your problem 

Excellent idea. I went and added the photos to the original post.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, tn_rider said:

Am I the only one that wishes they wouldn’t have broken up the passenger side? I’d rather have the whole bench going front to back. GORGEOUS boat!

I've only gotten a few hours in the boat so far so I haven't quite decided on that aspect but my initial impression is that I wish it was set up like the 25 LSV. I do know I loved the storage compartment behind the driver seat on my 25 LSV mainly because of the drink holders on the top of it and it prevented people from sitting right behind the driver. When I get back to the boat next week, I'll p post some pictures of the internal storage for the cooler.

what would be great is if they could figure out a way to design it as an option. not sure how they could do that without changing the mold but would be nice to have a choice.

I put a large soft sided cooler in the compartment that breaks up the seating on the port side.  Has worked great for years in our 25 and I'm expecting the same in our 26