Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RGB/other accessories

luxuryautoco

Guys, please delete if already re-posted or send me the link to this. I was unable to find information.  

I have a 2021 Malibu VLX 21 

my boat was not equipped with underwater lights or RGB lighting, but it is an option on the system. 

what I am wondering is if I order let’s say ring lights from wet sounds with their module will this directly integrate the screen with my OEM? Or is there another module or piece needed to make this work. 

I do not have the wiring diagram, but I am seeking people who have done this before with Malibu is that aren’t equipped with extra options

I was told that the transom lights are pre-wired?  I haven’t dug in there and looked if are/aren’t. 

I would like to be able to turn the RGB on with screen and or control. 

if this is not possible, I will just do it aside from that separate from the screen, but just seeking somebody’s advice who has installed these on these boats that weren’t equipped with them!

thanks much 

It has been posted abou! See post here https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/77538-rgb-lights/

To summarize, they’ll work but you’ll need the shadowcaster/ws 4z controller box with CAN. Can wires in the dash, splice into them and keep ‘em twisted into the box. 

Transom lights should indeed be prewired. If you want RGB though, I wouldn’t use those because you’ll take it into the controller. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks much! I guess my question to confirm was is the CAN wires in HELM or where the mediallan box is in where the amps are?

I have this shadowcaster multi multizone. with twisted CAN pair coming out yellow and orange. Are the OEM on this module the same color or are they under the dash panel for this connection?

Thank you