Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 wakesetter vlx Rockford disgusts head unit all of a sudden doesn’t power on

malibumatt06

malibumatt06

I took the Shrinkwrap off my boat and threw the batteries back in. When I hit the power button on my Rockford fosgate head unit nothing is happening after the boat is powered on. The amps aren’t powering on and nothing on the head unit screen. I have power to the amps. Is my head unit bad? Is that the actually head unit? I’m so lost when it comes to audio in these boats! Please help!!!! Rockford fosgate serial number 13010940. Made in China is all it says on the back. It’s got a 5 pin connector going to the back thru a single jacket wire. 

Thats just the interface screen. The actual brains of the unit is the square block box mounted with the amps. 

BY what means did you determine the amps have "power"? Whats the voltage on both batteries? Dig around the batteries real good, its very common to overlook a cable, when putting batteries back in. 

This is especially true for the power wire for the auto bilge pump feature if so equipped. The “brains” should have 2 power wires (red and yellow) with glass fuses in-line. Those were a constant pain for me for years until I finally had enough and decided to clean up the mess back there.

malibumatt06

So what if non of that works. I double checked my connections and nothing is “missing” that would normally be hooked up with batteries. I check the 4 big main fuses where the amps are and all have power and my batteries are all running almost 14 volts. If the small box by Amos isn’t the issue is there an easy replacement????

I had a similar issue with my system. Sometimes it would just not power up. Tried everything, batteries off then on, checked fuses, etc. Then all the sudden it would work. Took it to the audio shop and the brains box down by the amps was bad. Couldn’t find a replacement so an upgrade it was. Hope your is just a simple power problem. Good luck.

malibumatt06
1 hour ago, IJM said:

I had a similar issue with my system. Sometimes it would just not power up. Tried everything, batteries off then on, checked fuses, etc. Then all the sudden it would work. Took it to the audio shop and the brains box down by the amps was bad. Couldn’t find a replacement so an upgrade it was. Hope your is just a simple power problem. Good luck.

What did you go with for an upgrade?

3 hours ago, malibumatt06 said:

What did you go with for an upgrade?

I went with the Rockford PMX8BB digital media receiver and a PMX-8DH display head. Also added a PMX0R remote head near the throttle.

image.thumb.jpeg.f620382f9c71773c01e18f44e98e4d80.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.22b288c7c96522a20ad14a252f7db176.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fc7cfe9427b4d82b29e526f33c7c4329.jpeg

malibumatt06
16 hours ago, JLT3 said:

I upgraded in the off season.  Still have the old black box if you want to make me an offer for it.  I am just using a Wetsounds ws420 bt now.  

Hey how much did you want for that???Maybe it’s worth having A spare as mine is acting like an intermittent problem. Works sometimes but not always.

malibumatt06

@JLT3 Hey how much did you want for that???Maybe it’s worth having A spare as mine is acting like an intermittent problem. Works sometimes but not always. I’ll take whatever you got for the full oem setup still 

Hit me up on PM.  No clue what it is worth.  Just make me an offer and I am going up to our lake place this weekend and can grab it.